The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Words Beyond by the Other Brothers (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10032 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Received today.

First impression is kind of meh... I don't see my self using this as the strength's touted in the ads(no fishing) are (for my taste) outweighed by the weaknesses (the fact that this feels more like a puzzle, not mind reading).

Clever? Kind of.

But this can't even come close to Flashback or MOABT - or Glance Magazine test.

Someone who had a deeper background in mentalism would probably have gone a different route. Yes it might initially feel like you are in the spectator's head, but you are kind of flying blind and in the end there is a little fishing needed.

I will not be using - not bad, but not good enough even for $35 to be groundbreaking.

Yes the formatting is kinda weird - and why put the author's name as PATRICK DIFFER which is Google searchable as a magician? http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=13681

Also the internal F pages are poorly executed. Anyone opening to the very start of the book will see a page in the mid hundreds. Compare this to the far better Ultimate Flashback by Larry Becker and you will see that the numbering starts at a place within the book where you would expect it Smile That's where a mentalist's audience management comes in.

Same as with Osterlind's great paperback book test.

I rate 6.5 out of 10. Cute but this is kinda too cute, and not usable for my taste unfortunately.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks for this helpful review Brett. Much appreciated. Also glad I held off.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
868 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Ah Fluff just sold my copy of Sherlock Holmes Zandman book test to buy this Ggrrrrr

Regards
Dr Rob

Review really appreciated Brett ! The flying in the wind bit sounds scary !
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10032 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2018, DrRob wrote:
Ah Fluff just sold my copy of Sherlock Holmes Zandman book test to buy this Ggrrrrr

Regards
Dr Rob

Review really appreciated Brett ! The flying in the wind bit sounds scary !

I will send you mine FREE as a gift Rob, Just PM me with your address. Since I won't be using, I would rather give it a new home. Perhaps you will like it.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3478 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Received today.

First impression is kind of meh... I don't see my self using this as the strength's touted in the ads(no fishing) are (for my taste) outweighed by the weaknesses (the fact that this feels more like a puzzle, not mind reading).

Clever? Kind of.

But this can't even come close to Flashback or MOABT - or Glance Magazine test.

Someone who had a deeper background in mentalism would probably have gone a different route. Yes it might initially feel like you are in the spectator's head, but you are kind of flying blind and in the end there is a little fishing needed.

I will not be using - not bad, but not good enough even for $35 to be groundbreaking.

Yes the formatting is kinda weird - and why put the author's name as PATRICK DIFFER which is Google searchable as a magician? http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=13681

Also the internal F pages are poorly executed. Anyone opening to the very start of the book will see a page in the mid hundreds. Compare this to the far better Ultimate Flashback by Larry Becker and you will see that the numbering starts at a place within the book where you would expect it Smile That's where a mentalist's audience management comes in.

Same as with Osterlind's great paperback book test.

I rate 6.5 out of 10. Cute but this is kinda too cute, and not usable for my taste unfortunately.

I kind of figured that views such as your own would start to emerge as people start receiving this product. I have honestly not been impressed by any of the material that the Other Brothers have released. They've all pretty much been "cute" but that's about it.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3138 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I would say this is decent for the money, it’s cheap and cheerful. It won’t go down as a classic but isn’t terrible either. I’d say its not bad for a hobbyist but a pro is likely to spend the money on something better.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
868 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I would say this is decent for the money, it’s cheap and cheerful. It won’t go down as a classic but isn’t terrible either. I’d say its not bad for a hobbyist but a pro is likely to spend the money on something better.

Mark

I think this will only work on "Snowflakes" as the older generation watch that thing on channel four in the united kingdom - Your doomed to failure if that happens

Just my 2 penneth as usual

Regards
Dr Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Words Beyond by the Other Brothers (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL