The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » New (?) False Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

otzdog
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of otzdog
Not sure if this was the right spot for this, but I figured people familiar with magic history might look here.
Me: amateur magician, not a beginner but no means "good" (imo), do mostly card stuff.

Anyway, I was playing around, and I think I may have developed an "original" false overhand shuffle, in that I haven't seen one exactly like it. It does cut the deck, so I it's not a 100% false shuffle. It's similar to the RedFish False Overhand shuffle by Patrick Redford and Dan Fishman, off of Patrick Redford's "False Shuffle Project". It's nothing earth shattering, and lord knows there are better false shuffles, but it fits my style (not too refined looking, Lennart Green is one of my favorites), fooled the heck out of my wife, who's pretty keen at catching my moves, and isn't too difficult.

So, I figured I'd share a link to my video (it's an unlisted Youtube video on my channel. It's not a magic channel or anything, just stuff I play around with.

https://youtu.be/kCLgKxGnW0k

Has anyone seen a utility move exactly like this? Please be kind, I'm not looking to try to sell anything or make anything of it, mostly just curious is all.
otzdog
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of otzdog
Nevermind, so while I couldn't find anything EXACTLY like it, it's common enough that at most it could be a variation (which is still going too far). Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » New (?) False Shuffle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL