The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..28~29~30 [Next]
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
Coins

Sometimes some rubberbands, but I keep losing them =/
MISTER E
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MISTER E
Always carry a TT, that way, you remain "propless".

-E
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I usually have the obligatory rubber bands and a deck of cards prepped that I can use to do my personal version of Twins and also a shuffled version of Out of This World.

I don't usually invoke demons on the fly, so most of my bizarre stuff stays home. Most. Hehehehe
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
Lately, rubberbands for CMH (wrapped around my access cards on my lanyard at work, rather than on my wrists).

Three coins for Peter's Ungimmicked Scotch & Soda. (Also serves as a reminder when I reach into my pocket to work on my acquitment when I have a moment).

In my wallet, "Beswitched" setup.
Maaaagic!
View Profile
New user
Maidenhead, UK
43 Posts

Profile of Maaaagic!
I find that if people discover that I'm a magician they usually hand me a coin and ask me to make it disappear. To take the initial heat off and to establish some credentials I warm up with a coin roll and anti-gravity muscle pass before moving on to a retention vanish and reappearance, sleeving and reappearance. I'm certainly not very adept at sleights (Bobby Bernard would be horrified to see what I do) and I probably do the worst sleeving move ever, but at least I never have to carry anything with me.

I'm now brushing up on my card skills for when a pack of cards is shoved in my face at a party—can't keep doing the slip force can I?
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I always carry a quarter, and a business card with "Your QUARTER will come up HEADS."

If you are familiar with Eugene Burger's fabulous effect with these items, I need not elaborate.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Vincz
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Vincz
Colour Monte
Scotch & Soda
Star Gazer
B'wave
etc.
jugglingeagle
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
25 Posts

Profile of jugglingeagle
A deck of cards, and an Altoid tin with a silk, a TT, a fingertip, a strand of IT, and a silver dollar. Honestly, how much more do you need? So many tricks are made posible with this stuff!

I love reading this post!
Jugglingeagle
If you tell people you juggle, they'll laugh at you, if you tell them there is a juggling magazine. that laugh more, if you tell them that juggling is an art, they'll laugh you out of the room. If you punch them in the face, they'll stop laughing! Jason G
Maaaagic!
View Profile
New user
Maidenhead, UK
43 Posts

Profile of Maaaagic!
Good Evening Dr Stephen Midnight, in which book can I find the effect you mention? I'm not so clued up on Eugene's publications but adore his performances.

Hello Jugglingeagle, what's an Altoid tin?

To all, tricks with elastic bands are, as I can understand, great! Does the publication I think called Elastrix contain all the effects you mention above?

Thanks for any help.
jugglingeagle
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
25 Posts

Profile of jugglingeagle
I could swear Altoids were created in the UK! Weren't they? Altoids are a type of mint here in the U.S. They come in a small tin just a bit smaller than a deck of poker cards.

Jugglingeagle
If you tell people you juggle, they'll laugh at you, if you tell them there is a juggling magazine. that laugh more, if you tell them that juggling is an art, they'll laugh you out of the room. If you punch them in the face, they'll stop laughing! Jason G
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I usually have a TT and mis-made bill and in my wallet I have Virginia City Shuffle. I also carry whatever new that I am working on at the time. I figure if I can try it out 10 or more times in a week, I'll get a feeling if it is worth keeping.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
stuper1
View Profile
New user
California
100 Posts

Profile of stuper1
Four quarters for Gregarious Coins or Coins Across.
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
I carry a roll of duct tape. You can do anything with duct tape.
liam-j-gilbert
View Profile
Regular user
Leeds, England
121 Posts

Profile of liam-j-gilbert
I always carry a TT, a deck of Bikes, a Sharpie and a Sharpie through anything, sometimes ringflight but not always... we've all heard the horror stories.

Incidentally that's what I love about being a mentalist as well as a close-up magician. Mentalism is propless, pure and on the spot.
www.liamgilbert.co.uk -- for info, booking or queries on Liam Gilbert
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
Sponge Ding Dong Trick
jugglingeagle
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
25 Posts

Profile of jugglingeagle
Ha ha! Very true funemagic! As a Boy Scout, I know exactly what you're talking about!
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
I just carry a deck of cards. Everyone seems to know that I do cards and therefore, it's no surprise when I take them out.
Count Elmsley
View Profile
New user
Lincoln UK
66 Posts

Profile of Count Elmsley
Several sponge balls
A couple of cards for Card Warp
Set-up for blank paper to bill
String and ring
Rubber bands for CMH
Scotch & soda
Alan
Mister Wizzy
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Nothing more boring than a card trick for impromptu Watching a magi pull out a deck of cards blares out,"I'm ready. Glad you asked" particularly becAuse it is HIS deck. Much different when someone has a deck fo their own ( note, normal people have cards at home, they will not produce them from a purse or a pocket. Lesson. if one believes that that looks "impromptu", they are delusionary.
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
In my wallet....

5 cards for Poker Dan (ron bauer) which also allow doc dailey, color monte, twisting aces and real 3 monte and own ACR effect
3 bands - CMH, Pinnacle, and Stargazer

Coins for - Gadabout revisited, clean coins across, questionable trick etc
BTW - In UK - questionable trick penny and 5pence piece
Always do an impromtu blister effect
catch you later

Clarioneer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL