The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card To Wallet Question. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I am relatively new to the field of Card Magic (been doing coin magic primarily for quite some time). Recently I have been expanded my skills in Card magic, and now want a great effect.

I love Card to Wallet routines, and it would be a great one to add to my act. But the questions are....with so many out there...Which one is good? Which one is Reliable? Which one do you recommend as card experts?
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1436 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I know Steve Draun had one on market at one time. I believe Tony Miller makes them for him. Not sure if they are available still but you could check at http://www.stevedraun.com and see.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
For simple and inexpensive, it is tough to beat hen fetsch's wallet wallop. I love it. other than that I don't really use a card to wallet. Rick Maue is supposed to be bringing out an awesome new handling in his upcoming book.
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
The Mesika Wallet is great. I've come up with palm and no-palm handlings. It was originally designed to produce only a mercury folded card, but it breifly describes how to produce a card that isn't folded. Its a good wallet too!
slebonio
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham, England
150 Posts

Profile of slebonio
I love my BKM wallet, so many uses. I say you find a wallet you lik, will use and one that fits ur character and play with it. make something original to you
Slebonio
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18254 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Kaps wallet is one of the easiest to use and reset.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1478 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
There is a nice one at malloy modern magic. Very nice.
Jonathan.
Philippe
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Hello Astinus
I favour the Mullica wallet combined with athe mercury
fold. I use it at 90% of my functions, so easy and great impact. It is a wallett in a wallet and I usually drop the outer wallet on the floor or table and there it lies as I produce the folded card from the inner wallet. Good luck in your search, do not buy too many.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1478 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
The Malloy wallet I mentionned is a "Kaps" style. I use a home-made "billfold" kaps wallet.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Ok. Next phase of question.

It seems like I need knowledge on Mercury Folds and such, which I do not have....do my rookieness of card magic. Where do I find the info on that? Or a wallet that does not involve the Mercury Fold?
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Actually, for most car to wallet effects, knowlege of the mercury fold is not needed... Most have the card produced in a whole/unfolded state... The real decision is the kind of wallet you want... A breast pocket type or a hip pocket type...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26071 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The poster dg has a very nice idea-method-product in progress that makes using a folded card quite attractive.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
2626 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2004-05-12 07:31, Philippe wrote:
Hello Astinus
I favour the Mullica wallet combined with athe mercury
fold. I use it at 90% of my functions, so easy and great impact. It is a wallett in a wallet and I usually drop the outer wallet on the floor or table and there it lies as I produce the folded card from the inner wallet. Good luck in your search, do not buy too many.

Idle curiosity> why do you use a Mercury Card Fold with your Mullica Wallet?
Philippe
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Hello Julie
I use card to wallet a lot profesionally and just occasionally the transfer from outer wallet to inner would not be perfect, stops the comfort factor. So in with the mercury, and the double delight achieved as the card is unfolded by the chooser to reveal their chosen card, is stunning. I would not revert back to the norm. Any way, it just suits me and I know it works every time. Thank you for asking Julie.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Alright. I possibly have a deal going for a "Beta Wallet". It is a bit pricey, but I am getting a deal on it...the wallet itself looks great. What do you guys think?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4070 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
The Pimpernel wallet by Peter Scarlett is an excellent no palm wallet, I get great reactions with it.

http://www.levitation.org/

Check out this thread for more info.

Good luck on your quest, I hope you don't end up with a drawer full of wallets on your way to finding one you like.

Ichazod
MoonBeam
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of MoonBeam
Astinus

If you type "wallet" in the search box, you will find many threads explaining the pro's and con's of all types of this effect.

Good luck!

MoonBeam
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4336 Posts

Profile of rannie
Astinus,

Check out The Black Envelope by Bob Kohler. Its is obviously not a wallet , but the effect is similar and it can be handed out as a souvenir.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4070 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2004-05-13 13:47, Ichazod wrote:
The Pimpernel wallet by Peter Scarlett is an excellent no palm wallet, I get great reactions with it.

http://www.levitation.org/

Check out this thread for more info.

Good luck on your quest, I hope you don't end up with a drawer full of wallets on your way to finding one you like.

Ichazod

I put up the wrong thread by mistake, here is the correct one- http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......3&49
Joe S.
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
I've been looking to add this as well. 2 questions:

The Malloy routine looks great, but isn't that wallet a bit large for a back pocket?

Af far as Draun's Real Man's Wallet... I love the size (I have a VERY small wallet), but does it have a place for $$$?

Both are hip wallets that require a palm. Thoughts?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of Doomo
It acts as a real wallet... holds bills and credit cards...in fact it is my regular wallet... nuff said...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
John Clarkson
View Profile
Special user
Santa Barbara, CA
749 Posts

Profile of John Clarkson
Jerry Mentzer wrote Card to Wallet: The Book. Investing in the book could help you make your decision about wallets. You might even decide to do card to wallet with a normal wallet instead of a gimmicked one!

I used a LePaul wallet for about twenty years and then traded it. I now use Barry Price's wallet. Both are breast pocket wallets, but I am old and the style fits me. As to quality and ease of loading, I don't think the Barry Price Wallet can be beat. I bought mine years ago through Owen Magic Supreme. I understand that Hocus Pocus now sells them and includes a video...

:nose:
John D. Clarkson, S.O.B. (Sacred Omphaloskeptic Brotherhood)
Cozener

"There is nothing more important to a magician than keeping secrets. Probably because so many of them are Gay."
—Peggy, from King of the Hill (Sleight of Hank)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
For someone new, The Mullica is a good choice.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
kenny kadabra
View Profile
Elite user
scotland
431 Posts

Profile of kenny kadabra
Wallet Wallop ! as described in a previous posting is a "peach !
Magic ain't an illusion ! it's a "way of life"
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2901 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I like Simon Lovell's Packed Wallet which is basicly a deck to wallet. I also like Gary Kurtz's Hypothetical Possibilities which isn't exactly a card to wallet routine, but it's a back in time routine with a card to wallet as the ending.
Magiman
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magiman
I never thought I would do a card to wallet until I saw Steve Draun's Real-Man's Wallet (Made by Tony Miller RFA Productions). It's exactly what I was looking for. A bill fold type wallet, not out of the ordinary at all. I use it for my everyday wallet.
3 years ago, I bought it from Steve and it is still in fantastic shape. It's made of HIGH quality leather and has excellent stitching. Worth every penny.
-Magiman
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Jerry McConnells Wallet has all the benefits of the Mullica Wallet without the extra inside wallet. I have had mine for years and it still works and looks great.

Recently though, I have been using "Special Delivery" by David Regal. Though not a wallet, it is the same effect with a common envelope and an added visual kicker that is incredible.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
5744 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I like the LePaul Wallet with the card in the envelope. I use Ackermans Card pass to the bottom into a bottom palm to get it there.

Or I use it to climax the ambitious card routine.

I hope this helps.
Glenn Bishop

The Punch Deck Pro.

Glenn Bishops Ace Cutting And Riffle Shuffle Triumphs.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I now have the Real Man's Wallet. I am pleased with it, and now I just have to work on my skills to get it smoothly in there.
Magiman
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magiman
Astinus:
Check out The one handed bottom palm from Earnest Earick.
-Magiman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card To Wallet Question. (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.302176 seconds, requiring 102 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [1] [7] [5] [5] [0] [0] [4]