The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Am I actually gonna use Dingle's stuff? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
I am thinking about buying the complete works of Derek Dingle. Many people say that a negative side of the book is that many routines require a setup. I don't mind, because when I perform I only do 1 or two effects so it's no big deal.
But are the routines, when you don't care about the setup, workable?
I mean things like the torn and restored card,
the torn and restored card matrix, the bill in the sigarette, and, well, basicly everything else Smile

And another thing is that some tricks need gaffs I believe. I saw this on a guy's site on which you can buy hand made gaffs. Which should I buy along with the book?

Thanks in advance
Deal cards, not drugs!
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Read a full review and related discussion here. Also, this thread might be helpful as well.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Yes I read these topic but they don't go in depth, especially on the last part of my question.

So if I don't mind the setups or gaffs, are these routines workable? That's all I'm asking. And which gaffs should I buy along with the book.
Deal cards, not drugs!
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Do what I always do... buy a book first and then get the gaffs for the tricks that I like. It's rare that I'll like everything in a book, so no sense in wasting money on gaffs that I might not need.

Also, if you do end up getting the book (which can sometimes be difficult to get a hold of these days I think), make sure you get the May 2004 issue of Genii (the Derek Dingle issue) if you don't already have it. It contains some additional details and clarifications on some of the effects in the book.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Most of the effects in his book don't require gaffs. Rollover Aces and Quadraconvincing Triumph are ones I use regularly. Great book.
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
I wouldn't worry too much about the gaffs required for some of the effects in this book, there are plenty of effects that don't require gaffs that will keep you busy for quite some time.

Just buy the book, you won't regret it.

Mel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Am I actually gonna use Dingle's stuff? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL