The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Newspaper tear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
I'm not sure this, anywho, I'm thinking of buying a torn and restored newspaper effect but I'm not sure which is the best. Which do you think is best?
Magixspinx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magixspinx
Gene Anderson
yanyak5
View Profile
Regular user
Delaware
186 Posts

Profile of yanyak5
Ditto on the Anderson..
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Gene Anderson by far. I have used and performed it many times and it is just a thing of beauty.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
Thanks, so I guess I'll get the Anderson one.
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
The Gene Anderson Tear with its "flash restoration" packs a punch, but the set-up in a little involved.

The Robert Baxt Tear is the same effect, but he has simplified the set-up so you can do it in 30 seconds. PM me if you want more specific.

As for me, I do the Al Baker Tear. The finish is not as flashy as the Anderson method, but I suspect that the effect is about the same for an audience.

I'm too old to switch methods. Besides, my tear isn't the same as 99% of the other magicians out there.
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
Peder Andersson
View Profile
New user
Sweden
18 Posts

Profile of Peder Andersson
Hello Jim,

I agree with your opinion about the set-up of the Gene Anderson tear. I am on the look-out for a more practical version that can be incorporated in my act.

Can you fill me in on where I can find more info about the Robert Baxt and Al Baker tears?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Try the Search function. This topic has been discussed a number of times and in a number of ways before here at the Café'. You will find that your questions have already been answered. The fun is in the quest!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
All hail Gene Anderson! The new versions can indeed save you some set up but original is a masterpiece of magical entertainment by any and all standards.

-Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
If you don't mind changing the handling of the Anderson tear...I do away with the "extra" page and do the display of each page differently to cover what the extra page would have covered...if that makes sense.
Magixspinx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magixspinx
I have been performing Gene Anderson tear for years.

ONCE I SAW a spectacular presentation of Gene Anderson newspaper tear, the most incridible presentation I have ever seen. It was a guy with long hair (don't know his name) who did the trick very fast with a lot of style.
At the end he "restored" it really VERY FAST.
Then he showed the paper very freely on both sides (he used only 1 sheet - 2 pages).
I know the Kevin James method for showing the paper on both sides...

Does anyone know other way?
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Why didn't anybody mention the Neil Foster Center-tear? It's a great alternative to the classic Gene Anderson method and I think it is even a bit of a style change.

Philipp
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Newspaper tear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL