The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Lucky Find: Boston Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
On a recent visit to my family, I had the opportunity to check out a local Boot Fair. I've found that it's often worth keeping an eye out for items with magic potential in these places.

On this particular visit, a small brass box caught my eye. It looked about the right size for coin work, so I bought it for £1. On closer examination it turned out to be a Boston Box, albeit of a style I'd never seen before.

It's about an inch tall excluding the lid (quite a lot taller than my other boxes) and obviously pretty old. It holds a maximum of five old-style UK 10p pieces, and the base is heavily weighted (so much so that the box can be righted with only a tiny inclination of the hand). The lid has a circular, textured plate (silver-coloured) embedded in it for decoration.

Does this (admittedly rather poor) description sound familiar to anyone? If I can figure out how to post a picture of it here, I'll do so.

Cheers,

Cy.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Good find....you can't go wrong for 1 buck.

You may want to post a picture if you can figure it out.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
My camera is broken, but once it's fixed I'll have a go at putting a picture up.

Cheers,

Cy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Lucky Find: Boston Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL