The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » You Pen thru and Misled lovers, here it comes - Ghost Bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Note.... Hocus pocus is not recieving shipment until the end of the month...
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I think Andrew Mayne is just great.
I always buy his stuff simply because most of it is real world usable.

His stuff is cheap and he sends postage free anywhere in the world.

His Broom flite levitaion from Touching sky and his DVD
is just killer.

I will buy this for sure,
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi Xiqual which DVD does he perform Touching Sky in?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Touching Sky is a manuscript detailing some ways to levitate. In it there is a levitation with a broom.

This same levitation is described in his DVD called Wizard School.

My friend showed it to me, and I have to say it is a clever idea. It can be used for children, in the right situation.
Yours,

Ivan
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Sorry I meant to ask which DVd has the broom Levitation. Thanks for the info Niva
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yes. It's the Wizard School DVD. There's a demo on his website. And you are welcome.
Yours,

Ivan
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
For an impromptu little trick…I think it's really great!!
It looks like "misled" but I don't think it's the same principle because misled uses a gimmick.
The ad for Ghost bill says no gimmick (or that's how I understand it...)
I tried to understand the fold but got no result Smile
Before buying it, I waiting for review about practicability, is it easy to get in position...etc

It’s the kind of trick I collect: Impromptu, easy (is it really?), surrounded,...
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Hey, I got the DVD last night and I am very happy with the effect. First of all, it is 100% impromptu, any 2 bills, anytime. The DVD itself was pretty good, although I would have liked a few more close-ups and did have to re-watch a few times, but even so, the effect is quite easy to perform once you understand the mechanics . The demo does not do the effect justice and it is quite easy to get into the posiitons shown on the demo. I love anytime, anywhere effects and this is one of the best. Any questions, let me know
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
So, I would guess even if ouse same colored bills, it would show up in close up situation. Althogh this does not matter to me that much, as I am able to use different colored bills.
Yours,

Ivan
jaybaby
View Profile
New user
Australia
87 Posts

Profile of jaybaby
Looks interesting but as mentioned it's hard to make out whats going on in the demo video...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is just another undeveloped idea. No routine, no presentation. Very poor effect and all the handling is on the cutting room floor.

I would stay away from this until you can see a live presentation.

Starting out with the bills against each other just is not a clean presentation. The trick should start out by removing 2 bills, and folding them in front of the spectators. Then perform a penetration. The unfolding them and showing the bills. They do not necessarily have to be borrowed bills or handed out at the end. It would be great if you could use your tip money for the penetration and keep the tip/bills at the end.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks a lot smacks183 !

Looks like we are intersted in the same kind of tricks Smile
Your post is very helpful and yes I will buy this dvd.
(Just have to check how much will cost the import taxes to Belgium Smile)
Thanks,Nicolas

Quote:
On 2004-06-04 21:37, smacks183 wrote:
Hey, I got the DVD last night and I am very happy with the effect. First of all, it is 100% impromptu, any 2 bills, anytime. The DVD itself was pretty good, although I would have liked a few more close-ups and did have to re-watch a few times, but even so, the effect is quite easy to perform once you understand the mechanics . The demo does not do the effect justice and it is quite easy to get into the posiitons shown on the demo. I love anytime, anywhere effects and this is one of the best. Any questions, let me know
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Wmhegbli, why don't you, or whoever buys this, take care of the presentation and routine. As time goes by, it looks more like magicians want everything laid out for them.
Yours,

Ivan
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I just watched the on-line demo and was not too impressed, to say the least! The penetrations looked good, but the demo didn't show the get-ready and clean up parts. For me, if an effect looks unnatural before the pay-off or if it ends "dirty", I don't want anything to do with it. I want to see the effect from beginning to end, just not little snippets. The ending "clean-up" move (phase 3) looked very suspiscious and contrived, like something is being hidden. I can only assume that the other parts were worse, since they were left out.

Nowadays, when ads say that items can be handed out for examination, they conveniently leave out the fact that there must be a s***** involved. I suspect that it is the case here. Or, something is added or taken away secretly; nothing wrong with that, but they should make that clear.

Maybe I'll have to buy the effect and find out! For $15.00, I can take a chance, but I'm quite sure I'll be dissappointed - but wouldn't it be nice if I get the effect and the handling is clean throughout? That would be nice!

Ron
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I think you are completely out of track, Ron, although I may also be wrong. Only those who bought it can comment on it.
Yours,

Ivan
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I got it and think it's very good. Clean, impromptu, pretty much angle-proof, and not difficult to learn. And yes, it can be reworked to use a bill and a business card if you like. (This isn't mentioned on the DVD, but if you spend two minutes playing with it and thinking about it, you'll find a way.) To address a couple points:

wmhegbli -- There is a presentation included on the DVD, and a pretty nice one at that; it's just not shown on the demo. And your description is exactly what happens -- you borrow the bills, fold them in full view, and do the penetration. If you want to unfold them and show them immediately after the first penetration, you can. Also, there's no suspicious handling in between the phases -- it's all quite natural. I think Andrew made a bad call by editing the demo the way he did, because it arouses suspicions of weaknesses that don't exist in the full routine.

Ron -- You start and end clean, and there's no switching and no ringing anything in or out. It really is done with just the two bills.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks a lot Quinn. Nice review.
Yours,

Ivan
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Thanks, Quinn and Smack!

It's good to get comments like yours, since you actually have the product. The two typically negative pseudo-reviews above were based on the demo vid.

Anyone who's been around for a while knows that demos don't have all the moves and patter because with vids, there's too much opportunity for reverse-engineering rip-off.

Thanks again for your educated opinions.

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Apart from that you cannot put a very large demo up.

I wonder when people will understand this. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
weirdmagic48708
View Profile
New user
Michigan
67 Posts

Profile of weirdmagic48708
I should be recieving the DVD tommrow and I will give a full review of it.
Illusion Experience
Featuring Head Rush
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » You Pen thru and Misled lovers, here it comes - Ghost Bills (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL