The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Ball Vanish While Juggling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flowJuggler
View Profile
New user
East Coast USA
71 Posts

Profile of flowJuggler
Here is one that gets a good reaction. I will do my best to explain it.

in your right hand do a 2 in 1 inside circle...that is a counter clockwise pattern using two ball. With you Left Hand, move the 3rd ball so that it follows the path of one of the ball. This ball should move in the same pattern, just to the left, and held. This third ball, in your left hand will go around the odd ball in the right...that is, the ball that you are not mirroring. When you get the pattern nice and even, hold the mirrored ball in the right hand and toss up the held ball from the left. This substitution takes place down by your right hand. Continue to juggle two balls, now with one held by the heel of your right hands and...

Slowly stop moving your left to discover that it is no longer holding a ball
or...
Quickly move the empty ball to your mouth and pretend to eat it.
or...
whatever else.

It usually takes a few revolutions with the empty hand before it begins to register that it is no longer holding a ball and that it has disappeared.

Personally, I comment that I don't know where it went and then split (throw two balls so they split in the air) and then the third one magically reappears.

I usually do this trick with smaller (2.5 inch) bean bags...I don't think it would go over very will with 4 inch colored stage balls. I bet flesh colored balls would work real well too.

-P
Ãœber goodest signature ever.
VarietyArtsBlog.com
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I'm going to try this one. Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Good description and diagram of this in Beyond the Cascade by George Gilson (sp?)

ML
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Or you could try the Encyclopaedia of Ball Juggling (EBJ) by Charlie Dancey. It's published by Butterfingers (www.butterfingers.co.uk). This (in my humble opinion) is the best book on ball juggling written so far. You can also try the Compendium of Club Juggling, written by the same guy, that is cross referenced with the EBJ to make the ultimate juggling reference material available.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Magixspinx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magixspinx
Can't a topit be used?
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Yes Magicspinx, a topit can be used. I use to do the vanish just using a three ball cascade and letting one ball go sailing into the topit.
My original intention was to try to vanish all 3 balls, one at a time using this method, but it wouldn't pan out so I just stuck with the one ball vanish.
On the Stevens bar magic tape there is a vanish which is very similar to the one above (from what I remember of it) and it really looks GREAT!
I personally think it is superior to the topit method.
Cheers
(Oh by the way, the vanish isn't explained on the Stevens tape)
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I would have to agree that the topit method is inferior to the one described above. But it is a little easier. Unless your 2 in one hand is solid and you can already do orbits.

Plus you can bring the ball back with this method, something I haven't been able to do with the topit method. Although it still could be possible.

If you wanted to vanish all 3 balls I guess you could use a change bag. Flash all 3 balls, grab the bag, catch the 3 balls in it, imediately look worried and turn the bag inside out to show the balls vanished.

You may even be able to gimmick your hat. Then you perform the famous 3 balls caught in hat trick, but then they vanish. Don't know how to gimmick the hat mind you, just an idea.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
When I used to do the topit vanish, I would become aware that the ball had vanished (usually just a beat before the audience) and then I would start to look around for it and ofcourse produce it from my side pocket.
I like the hat idea that you have suggested Roslyn. I don't know if you are familiar with the Foo can, but the hat could be gimmicked in the same way that a Foo can is, it would be perfect.
Come to think of it, I'm going to go and have a go at that right now!
Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Ball Vanish While Juggling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL