The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Rising (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
As I have noticed and want to share with this board, the rising card seems to have a great impact on the spectator if it is presented correctly. I have done it for adults, children, and teens like myself, and all of them have offered me money for the secret and almost fallen over (don't worry I didn't give the secret away). I just wanted to share the knowledge of how effective and useful this illusion can be on the street, not the way David performed it, but a more mysterious manner. I'd love to share my routine if anyone is interested.

Magicman01462
Bird Brain
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Bird Brain
Yo Magicman!

I'd be interested!

Thanks, dude!

Bird Brain
Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American Dreams, All of which are American Dreams
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello,
Heck, I would like to hear your ideas on presenting the Rising Card.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I have to agree with magic man about reactions. I never thought that much of the rising card effect, I don't like having a gaffed deck or section of a deck. Then I bought Jeff McBrides one, and started t perform it. I got great reactions even from friends, it is one trick that people talk about. "Do that one where the card rises up in my hand" Any new patter or presentation would be welcome, I use a shortend version of McBrides. Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Another suggestion for the rising cards (if you have the patience to make your own gimmick) is to use the same principal for a tarot deck and incorporate it into a reading or a bizzarist routine. It comes off very creepy and doesn't carry the stigma of a potential gimick. Peeps don't look for gaffs in tarot...
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
The very best rising card is from Henry Evens. FISM winner
Oh by the way good luck getting his stuff. You will have to see him to get it.
No gaffed pack, No I.T. set-up, No I.T. bands around the pack. The card can be freely placed any where in a completly fanned pack. (EVERY SINGLE CARD IS FANNED)
NOT A GAFFED PACK.
But from the middle of the pack it come out...
Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
Shoot me a copy of the routine, and I will send you one of my coin/card routines in return.. I think it's only fair that we trade and both benefit from the exchange
Take care

Tom

tdefrange@wjhw.com Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
Can't someone perform Kundalini Rising card deck. It's my impression that Kundalini can be shuffled.

-P.-
"Funk is not something U can buy at the corner store.
It is something that U find deep within Ur Soul!"
.:The One Year Project:. .:Forums:.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I would love to hear it, and the tarot card idea is something I was thinking of trying. I use "period" cards for most of my things, but they don't hold up that well.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
I use the haunted deck to perform the rising card sometimes. With proper presentation it is pretty stunning since the deck can be viewed from any angle as close as a spectator wants to get. Smile
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
George Schindler (you gotta find him, he has ads in many magazines) sold a KILLER rising card 20 or so years ago that can be done with a borrowed deck.

I used to use it to open my close up convention act... walking on and saying, "I lost my cards, doesn anyone have a normal deck I can borrow?" Always got one, then I would ask someone to shuffle and have another take a card.

I then took the deck, put it back in the box and said, "Oh, you forgot to put the card back in the deck." I took card, pushed into the deck and holding the box by the bottom corner, the card would rise out almost all the way...

with the card sticking up out of the box I would hand it all back to the guy I borrowed it from.

No palming, nothing to get rid of...

Larry Jennings used it too...

Well worth the trouble to find ... Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
Try John Kennedy's 'The card that falls up'
Heavens to Mercitroids
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Heavens to Mercitroids
Quote:
On 2002-07-22 06:43, Magicman01462 wrote:
As I have noticed and want to share with this board, the rising card seems to have a great impact on the spectator if it is presented correctly. I have done it for adults, children, and teens like myself, and all of them have offered me money for the secret and almost fallen over (don't worry I didn't give the secret away). I just wanted to share the knowledge of how effective and useful this illusion can be on the street, not the way David performed it, but a more mysterious manner. I'd love to share my routine if anyone is interested.

Magicman01462

I'm interested
When it's my time to shine.....The whole world is going blind.....From the Shiesty side of town.....Where a nickle costs a dime!
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
I love it

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Henry Evans has a beautiful rising card on his video, where they can IMMEDIATELY examine the deck after the rise, and find nothing! I use this exclusively now.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Rising (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL