The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Welcome to The Magic Café Billy! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Manager
Northern California - United States
4409 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Each and every month we have a special guest here on the Café, and I am ever so grateful to those special folks who take the time to spend a week with us discussing the art we love so much. Smile

However, as founder and manager of this little website we call The Magic Café, I am more than a little thrilled and truly honored to have as our very special GUEST OF HONOR this month, none other than Mr. Billy McComb! Smile

Billy, you've been doing magic for longer then most of us have been walking the Earth, and we are ever so grateful and excited that you have agreed to share your thoughts with us this week. Welcome! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1206 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Welcome to the House, Bill!

It´s a great chance for us to talk an entire week with you, you are a master magician, and we all could learn a lot from you.

Let´s enjoy!

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1479 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Billy,
Thank you so much for being here this week.
I look forward to reading your thoughts.
All the best,
Stephen
Hello.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4768 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Billy, thanks for visiting us this week. It's not often that a magician can actually say for sure that "he's been there, done that" but in my opinion if YOU haven't been there, it either doesn't exist or isn't worth the visit. I'm looking forward to an exciting week and I'm sure it will be much too short.
Where the magic begins
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Thanks Billy-
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1398 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Hi Billy. Smile

It's an honor to have you here. Smile

Can't wait to hear your stories. Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile
<BR>
<BR>He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
Hey Billy,

Welcome to the Café!

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Looking forward to a great week!

Emily Belleranti
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Hi billy. this year was my first tim at the blackpool convention, and your performances throughout the weekend was one of the highlites for me.

many thanks for being here this week, good luck in all that you do!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20025 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Billy,

Thanks for joining us here at The Magic Café. Many of us here share your fear of electronic gadgets like computers but we all share your love of magic and entertainment too. Thanks for taking out some time for us.

Lucy still says that one of the craziest things she has ever seen was your explanation of your "skull collection" the last time we were at The Castle for a show. (Lucy has an MD too. Maybe that's why she had to explain to me that humans don't out-grow skulls!) I think she saw it as the way a patient would explain things.

Of course, I really enjoyed shopping with you at the swap meet in The Castle. I still have no idea what some of these bargains are. (But I can't tell Lucy that!) Whenever I learn a trick with the ten of clubs, I'll have this big box full of them ready to use. I certainly did get a lot of pips for the money. What a deal! Just think, twos would have cost just as much. I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks again!

Bob and Lucy
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@MagicBySander.com

http://www.magicbysander.com/
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18263 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sir William, MD., PHD et al... welcome. Does this mean you might miss lunch Friday?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Welcome to the Café, Mr. (or is it Dr.) McComb.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3182 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Wow! What an honor to have such as esteemed guest here.

Thanks you for taking this time to visit us, Mr. Mccomb.

This is certainly going to be an exicting week for Magic here!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
4823 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hello Billy,

Welcome to The Café!! It is indeed an honor to have you here.

I recall back in the early 1990s, at a Magic Summit in Washington DC, I wound up sitting next to you on a bus from the hotel to the big theater to see McBride. I was thinking and thinking of something really gripping to ask this legend sitting next to me.

I finally asked, "How has magic changed since the Vaudeville days?" and the rest of the 20 minute bus ride flew bye as I was walked through the history and changes in magic over the last 70 years. It was a once in a lifetime experience!!

:cheers:

Tom Cutts
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
Thanks so much for joining us here Mr. McComb it is a great honor! So many questions so little time!

-Dan
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
Spring Hill, TN...where the fences have
1460 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
About 2 years ago, I got Mr. McComb's home number from a mutual friend. The conversation was about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Mr. McComb was so gracious and spoke about magic's greats, as well as telling me wonderful stories of his own accomplishments (very humbly, I might add).

Glad you're here and I'm so very much looking forward to hearing more from you this week.

Rick Green
Rick Green

The Modern Conjurer.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24003 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Welcome, Dr. McComb:

It is good to have you on the Café to share your thoughts with us.

I can safely say that your books and videos have been sources of a great deal of information and inspiration for my own magic. I thank you for that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Welcome to the Café Dr. McComb.
Looking forward to this week.
It's a pleasure having you here.
Daniel Faith
Billy McComb
View Profile
V.I.P.
1922 - 2006
57 Posts

Profile of Billy McComb
Hey guys it's a pleasureto be here with all of you....heavens you ask some wild questions, but really interesting topics and some I even have hard thoughts about...so forgive me when I pontificate !!!!!!!
Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Welcome to The Magic Café Billy! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.134930 seconds, requiring 76 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [9] [8] [2] [3] [8] [0] [4]