The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Delicate Balance » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mereacle
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mereacle
Mr.McComb,

You are one of the only magicians I consider endlessly entertaining. Thank you for gracing us with your cyber-presence.

One of my greatest experiences was seeing you perform at the late Wizard's Magic Camp. Incredible!

My question is: How can we join comedy and magic, while preserving the artistic integrity of our craft? It is a difficult balance. How have you developed your magic and comedy to maintain the right mix?

David Copperfield was funny and charming AND magical- but he hasn't had a TV special in years. Blaine was magical, but not funny. How do you suggest we bring magic back to the TV-watching public, in these more cynical times? Can we?

~Joshua Logan
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18253 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I guess we'll have to wait for Sir William to wake up. Here it is only 8:20 am on the Left Coast.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Billy McComb
View Profile
V.I.P.
1922 - 2006
57 Posts

Profile of Billy McComb
Boy that's a real tough one.
Frankly I suppose the comedy has ro be good and the magic first-class too. BUT one must not over-ride the other.
You are walking on eggs.
One can but try.
Someone is going to get the balance/
I don't think I ever have.
I've tried........
Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Delicate Balance » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.031017 seconds, requiring 18 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [7] [5] [7] [8] [8] [2]