The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Delicate Balance » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mereacle
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mereacle
Mr.McComb,

You are one of the only magicians I consider endlessly entertaining. Thank you for gracing us with your cyber-presence.

One of my greatest experiences was seeing you perform at the late Wizard's Magic Camp. Incredible!

My question is: How can we join comedy and magic, while preserving the artistic integrity of our craft? It is a difficult balance. How have you developed your magic and comedy to maintain the right mix?

David Copperfield was funny and charming AND magical- but he hasn't had a TV special in years. Blaine was magical, but not funny. How do you suggest we bring magic back to the TV-watching public, in these more cynical times? Can we?

~Joshua Logan
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18430 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I guess we'll have to wait for Sir William to wake up. Here it is only 8:20 am on the Left Coast.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Billy McComb
View Profile
V.I.P.
1922 - 2006
57 Posts

Profile of Billy McComb
Boy that's a real tough one.
Frankly I suppose the comedy has ro be good and the magic first-class too. BUT one must not over-ride the other.
You are walking on eggs.
One can but try.
Someone is going to get the balance/
I don't think I ever have.
I've tried........
Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2004 entrée: Billy McComb » » Delicate Balance » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2016 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL