The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » HN Review 101: Rising Dollar Bill – Mike Borstein (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 101: Rising Dollar Bill – Mike Borstein

AD:

Mike Bornstein's Rising Dollar Bill is so close to genuine magic -- it's scary! Show two dollar bills. One is placed across the open palm of your right hand. Slowly and eerily, the bill rises off of your hand, higher and higher, until it is several inches above your hand. To prove that there's nothing between your hand and the bill, you pass the second dollar under the floating bill! It looks GREAT! As slowly as the bill rose, it descends back into your hand. There are no strings or threads -- the bill simply appears to float!

REVIEW:

For 2.50$, you can hardly go wrong…

The effect is also described in Mike Bornstein’s “Money Magic” and in his complete collection “Encyclopedia of Paper Money Magic” (see relevant reviews), but this one comes with the proper custom-made gimmick.

One of the 2 bills is obviously not examinable, and the angles are quite restrictive (spectators can only view it from above). A simple quickie to be performed with your own bill(s).

OVERALL RATING: average

H.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Does Mike have a website? I am interested in some of his other stuff.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
19997 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I used a similiar effect many years ago. As I remember it is possible to examine the bills. I use to carry this in my wallet all the time for table hopping.

It is more of a one on one type of effect, as it looks best from above, as opposed to viewing from a side angle.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11609 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Where can I find this please?
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1636 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I have mikes book on money magic with all the volumes combined and ill keep it as long as I live.

My highest recomendation on this book if your spectators are getting too many card tricks from you Smile Smile

Most of the tricks from the book are his marketed effects.

You can contact mike on mikemag2997@aol.com

Smile
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I think the original bill was from Carl Mosby. It used a very nicely made copper secret something. There is also a couple outstanding impromptu versions to do the same effect with a pack of cards and no gimmicks whatsoever. That version is really clean because the deck does truly appear to rise. A card is moved under it to prove no support and then the deck descends and is immediately handed to a spectator with no gimmicks to get rid of.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
546 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Just yesterday I saw this thread and forward it to Mike. I know he doesn't read The Café. He was pleased to see the interest.
Now unfortunately, today, he was killed in front of his home when he was struck by a truck.
Mike was a good man and a good magician. We in the New York Magic scene will miss him dearly.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1073 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
What? He was hit by a truck? Are you serious? Its not funny to joke like that...
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1013 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Unfortunately RC4MAG isn't joking...Richard Kaufman (over at Genii) and several others who knew Mr. Bornstein posted about this sad loss of a fellow magician. RIP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » HN Review 101: Rising Dollar Bill – Mike Borstein (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL