The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Charming Chinese Challenge? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dam
View Profile
New user
Brest in France
100 Posts

Profile of Dam
Hello

Quote:
On 2004-06-17 23:36, Richard Lucas wrote:You can contact Troy at [email]tlh@aol.com[/email] for information of his offerings.

Are you sure....

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<tlh@aol.com>
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
My modest addition to this wonderful trick is to incorporate Dan Garrett's Faustus move to ostensibly put the coin back on the ribbon in while holding the empty loop in plain sight. this near the end of the climax. It's as good or better than the strike vanish move to switch coins.

you all should try this

marty
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Troy Hoosier's other dvds are the 3 volume set titled "Total Destruction." I am tolld that most of the material in Total Destruction can be found in the book Destroyers, but Troy's presentation is something worth watching - especially his coin routines.

Troy has a quiet, elegant style that I find compelling. He is the Anti-Sankey. Don't get me wrong, I am also a huge Sankey fan, but I really like Troy's understated style as well.

Troy's dvd made me dust off my flipper and invest in a shell set from Jamie Schoolcraft. I highly recommend Total Destruction.

Tiki
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Mr. H. shared with Ring 129 and US.Toys Magic last night. He was a delight and very approachable.

Although I have never done any string routines, I really appreciated his thinking on routining.

Although I appreciate the CCC, I will more likely to use his little "chinese" mask routine, and his TH approach to 3 fly ideas.

Cue the music. ....

Flipper,,,, lived in a kingdom under the sea.....
Cue the dolphin.(MINI LOL)

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Harris, if you find any of the mask please let me know. I found two while in Vegas last sept. But their still a bit larger then what is needed for that routine.

Best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Joe,

I know I had some in my displays for my house.(non magic as I used to do mime quite a bit)

My wife tells me they went with the some of our de-clutter the house bits.

I have looked at a few stores and no soap so far.

I checked at Michaels and a few craft shops. Thanks for the reminder. I will check Hobby Lobby on the way home.

I will let you know if I find any.

While I was looking at home, I found my bottle caps for c_ _ _ _ a _ _ _ _ k. Because of its shape it can be used as a similar prop. Perhaps within a 50's theme with a bottle production for a "capper/topper".

Harris

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
waveman
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of waveman
The last coin in the hand of the spectator IMHO is the end of the trick.

I usually go into somthing else using the chinese coins Curtis Cam's DVD's are a great resource for this.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 15:51, mystre71 wrote:
Harris, if you find any of the mask please let me know. I found two while in Vegas last sept. But their still a bit larger then what is needed for that routine.

Best
Joe

Some time ago, after I helped proofread “DesTROYers”, Troy Hooser expressed an interest in having me make these for him. He sent me one of the original masks to duplicate. I built a 12-cavity mold that produces IDENTICAL copies of the mask, which I then hand paint (details only; the masks are molded from a white plastic) with sign-painters' enamel.

Troy wanted to buy these in quantities of 100 or so until he realized that I would need more than he wanted to pay - he was expecting something like 2 masks for 98 cents, or some such impossible figure.

The last of the original run I molded I gave to Jeff McBride as a personal gift, thinking that he might want to paint them to resemble the various masks he uses in performance.

If there is some interest I might be willing to fire up the molding machine and do a few runs of the masks again. Price would depend on the total number requested, but would (at best) be $15 + S&H for two masks. Paint scheme would match the original (as seen in the Hooser book) and the design can be any color you want, as long as it's red or black (or one of each).

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
watchdog
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of watchdog
Quote:
...and the design can be any color you want, as long as it's red or black (or one of each).

That was very funny.

How many orders do you need before it becomes financially viable for you?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Charming Chinese Challenge? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL