The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » A riddle for you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flobiwan
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of flobiwan
What is an 8-letter word for the opposite of his?
pxs
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of pxs
Goodbyes?
flobiwan
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of flobiwan
Nailed it in less than a day! I'm impressed. It took me a lot longer when I first saw it.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
OK, I'm slow. I don't get it.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Try reading the sentence out loud and put a different emphasis on "his"... think of it as more of a plural of a shorter word.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Oh... I was going for divorced!

Sorry!!! Smile

Not a greeting... hi!
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-06-18 02:24, Greg Arce wrote:
Try reading the sentence out loud and put a different emphasis on "his"... think of it as more of a plural of a shorter word.
Greg

Sorry, still don't get it. PM me if you don't want to give the answer away here. Thanks.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Think of this: If you said the short version of HELLO to many people you would say, "I just said a lot of HIs." Don't pronounce it like HIS And HERs, but like H-EYES.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
bobmcmathman
View Profile
New user
Arizona
43 Posts

Profile of bobmcmathman
Jim Davis,

Amazing answer. That is exactly what first popped into my mind. I guess we have something in common. Nice to see a riddle with more than one answer.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-06-22 12:51, Greg Arce wrote:
Think of this: If you said the short version of HELLO to many people you would say, "I just said a lot of HIs." Don't pronounce it like HIS And HERs, but like H-EYES.
Greg

Damn! I'm slow. (They got me on the old "Oh Wah Tah Goo Siam" bit too when I was in the Boy Scouts!)
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
I got NOBODIES as an answer at first glance. I thought the key was in the term opposite and figured, as his is possessive, the opposite would not be hers, which would still be possessive, but nobodies, which describies lack of ownership. It works but obviously wasn't what you were going for.

GOODBYES is much cleverer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » A riddle for you (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL