The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Practising cards while driving? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2004-06-23 00:22, saturnin wrote:
But you can still practice your memorized deck...

No, it's not your hand which destruct, but it is your brain.

I think "thinking" is worse than moving hand.

Hideo Kato
submagi
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of submagi
Quote:
On 2004-06-23 01:55, Hideo Kato wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-06-23 00:22, saturnin wrote:
But you can still practice your memorized deck...

No, it's not your hand which destruct, but it is your brain.

I think "thinking" is worse than moving hand.

Hideo Kato

Very true. Which is why I don't think when driving...
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2004-06-22 13:04, Samuel wrote:
Btw - doing anything other than driving, while driving, is a BAD thing to do...

That makes me a sad, sad panda!

I guess you don't want to hear about my working crossword puzzles while cruising I-80 across the midwest. Smile

I've heard stories about that stretch of highway being so flat, straight, and desolate that people have fallen asleep at the wheel, only to wake up an hour later and seeing they were still on the road, going back to sleep!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
Driving more than a few miles is dangerous. When things get repetitive your brainwaves lower(theta state) and put you in a trance like state. This means that alertness and reaction times are slowed.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Golly, I hope the new 2005 DMV driving manual covers this topic. I feel I need to be eduacated on all these distraction endangerments for the betterment of all vehically licensed mankind.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Over the years while in the car I used to practice false cuts and false shuffles as well as memorized decks and new cyclical stack systems and perhaps a couple of one hand flourishes ... but usually not while the car was in motion.

I believe you should practice anywhere you cana and as much as possible.
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
I think that most people on here are gonna be real mad at my post.

Has anone EVER drank a cup of coffe while driving? How about changed the radio station? Eat a sandwich? Look for a CD to put in....you get the idea.

Come on people...there are TONS of distractions that are FAR worst then doing a one handed cut. Granted there are people that should not do it....how can anyone say that they have NEVER been distracted while driving? That is a buch of BULL!

If you don't care if the cards drop on the floor if you do drop any what is the big deal? SO WHAT...some cards drop....am I gonna go reaching for them and lose control of my vechicle....NO....they will be there when I get to where I am going.

Now let's say I spill some hot coffee on my lap, what is my natural reaction? To grab my pants to get from being burned....resulting in my hands and eyes coming off the road....possiably yanking the steering wheel along with it. Now that is dangerous.

I think there are a TON of people that practice while driving but are afraid to say so beacuse of all the people on here saying what a bad idea it is. Nobody wants to "stir the pot" so to speak.

I am sure there will be many post arguing the counterpoint but that is just an opinion...as this is mine.....
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Honestly I argee with you Ed.

If I don't simulate the brain with doing one hand cuts, I find my brain drifting off and I start to fall asleep at the wheel.

Now that's when there is no distraction. But I guess me a sleep at the wheel is better than me driving one handed.

:)
slakk
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of slakk
Marlo had 12 tricks that he could do without handling the cards. Maybe you should learn them in the event of an accident. Do you have a closeup pad on your lap?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Practising cards while driving? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL