The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Visa Cabaret vs. 3 Choice by Wayne Dobson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
Can anyone tell me which is better and why? I love the premise of this routine but have heard it is not as practical as it reads.

I would be very grateful for any more info on these routines.

Warmest regards,

Xavier.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
989 Posts

Profile of Gianni
I did have Visa Caberet at one time but sold it. Frankly, the method seemed painfully obvious to me. Although the precise method of knowing is clever, it seems to me clear that the audience will figure out that you know which card is withdrawn from the wallet at any given time. The Dobson effect may be an improvement. I don't know.

My personal view is that with so many great effects to perform, why spend time on this.

Gianni
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Central Scotland
1246 Posts

Profile of Colin
I recommend you buy Marc Paul's lecture notes...£85 Question.

Colin
asdffdsa
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of asdffdsa
Hi Xavier,

If you like this type of effect, I would recommend you check out Free Will by Deddy Corbuzier. The routine can be adapted to other objects as well.
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
Can anyone comment on the Dobson version?

... Thank you!
equivoque
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On 2004-06-27 19:54, asdffdsa wrote:
Hi Xavier,

If you like this type of effect, I would recommend you check out Free Will by Deddy Corbuzier. The routine can be adapted to other objects as well.

I believe that Visa Cabaret was invented first. Visa Cabaret was invented by Stephen Tucker. While Deddy may not have known about this one effect was produced first. I mention this because a big deal is being made about people borrowing this principle and I feel that the idea originated with Stephen Tucker.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1479 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Yeah, it's Tucker's idea. Tucker's wallet is one of those small, hip-wallets; Dobson's is one of those larger ones. As far as I know, the only difference in these two wallets is their size. Get Tucker's here.
Hello.
equivoque
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Any email address for Mr Tucker?
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1479 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I expect he can be contacted at tucker.stephen@virgin.net
Hello.
100ch
View Profile
New user
Sheffield UK
43 Posts

Profile of 100ch
For midas owners there is an effect called "the heist" that was inspired by this
check mentalismplus.com
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
503 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
For present and perspective owners of the Stealth Assassin Wallet, Peter Nardi details a very nice routine on called Cash Cabaret. It's based on Steve Tucker's Visa Cabaret but uses notes of different denomination instead of credit cards. It's nice and easy to do, leaving time to concentrate on presentation.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of slydini
I just got the stealth assassin and cash cabaret was the first effect I did with it. It is a killer routine.
caigy
View Profile
Special user
England
778 Posts

Profile of caigy
Equivoque,
Stephen Tucker also has a well informed website: http://www.stephentuckermagic.co.uk

All the best,
Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
966 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
You can see Stephen Tucker's Vi$a Cabaret at http://www.tonycurtismagic.com
Currently manufacturing the Heirloom Wallet Deluxe exclusively for Alakazam Magic.

www.tonycurtismagic.com
the-robot-that-cannot-die
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of the-robot-that-cannot-die
"the heist" is an absolute FANTASTIC piece of mentalism!!!!
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
166 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Hi Bud, I have the Midas but cant find this effect you mentioned on the site, it does seam however that the forum is broke as I type, could you point me in the right direction, Cheers!

MC

Quote:
On 2005-12-03 14:41, 100ch wrote:
For midas owners there is an effect called "the heist" that was inspired by this
check mentalismplus.com
looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
2615 Posts

Profile of looch
The Heist is no longer availiable, it was a limited edition hand made release that utilised the midas, I have no time to make them now I'm afraid.

funny how you should ask though, I will be releasing a performance piece in the near future that doesn't require the device. The original "Heist" was the foundations and now it has evolved into a 30 min stage piece based around "Criminology" Look out for:

"Heres to you Mr Robinson"

all the best
4.8 min - lecture in minimalism
SAD night in Hamburg - lecture notes
Heres To You Mr Robinson - eBook
IRIS - eBook

www.looch.co.uk/products

Pass: warhead
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5585 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
For those interested, I'm selling Dobson's:

Wayne Dobson's 3 Choice Trick... never used... $35
http://www.murphysmagic.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5504/.f

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1187 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Wich one is better, I think none of them is better than "Free Will" by Deddy Corbuzier, and its much cheaper but you can use the principle for other effects, even for stage show, like james biss did for his musical chair test, try search the Café for review of "Free Will"
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5205 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
It is my solid opinion that the best handling for the basic FREE WILL effect by Deddy Corbuzier is Jimmy Fingers' FREE WILL OF ORDER.
I suggest you to read... DIRECTIONAL MIND PATHS - Vol.1: Beyond The Veil Of Maya and also to read DANGEROUS - XXI Century Dual Reality Techniques
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
523 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Where can this handling be found please, Jimmy Fingers' FREE WILL OF ORDER ??
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
3 choice by wayne dobson is the worst trick and a waist of money I regret buying that trick so obvious to work out and the magician becomes the fooler ???

any one have a ? on that

la Strega
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2058 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I think Dobsons is great. I use the wallet for another FANTASTIC trick. Infact it's probably one the best premise's I've seen in mentalism. GET.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
359 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Dobson's wallet is a little too large for me allthough the method is very good . It can be adapted on any SUC case too such as the SAW's peek compartment . ON his DVD clamped where he taught the effect , the spectator whom he did it with ( a magician ) was stunned himself on how the effect was done .

-David
See my Malaysian Magician Blog at :
www.mindofdavid.com
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
7917 Posts

Profile of John C
Taking notes by Dobson is touted as a new improvement on 3 choice. Can anyone confirm or deny this announcement?

Thanks

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series:
www.professionalmagicroutines.com
25PERCENTOFF coupon until october 1, 2014
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Visa Cabaret vs. 3 Choice by Wayne Dobson (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.281269 seconds, requiring 78 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [6] [1] [3] [5] [9] [5] [8]