The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for eerie tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SmithsMagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of SmithsMagic
I am new to magic and I am looking for easy eerie tricks. If you know of any that I can have with me all the time please let me know
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I don't know if this is quite that eerie, but it is a shocker if you wanna go for something that kills. Try Jim Pace's "The Web." Well worth the money. But your spectator should be thought about before hand. This trick can make a grown man run into the bathroom with tears. Smile Smile
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
Check out "The Haunted Key." It always gets a good response and can be quite eerie if presented right.

I always use mine by starting out talking about the spiritual world, and other dimensions. How we are on one dimension and ghosts are on another dimension, and sometimes if you can tune in just right a ghost can reach through to this dimension.

Then I pause for the trance/connection to the "other side" and then start the trick. I choose one person to hold the key and tell them that I see somebody here with us. An older man with grey hair. "Don't get freaked out but his right hand is on your shoulder. He says he wants his key back!" And then the key starts to turn.

Talk about eerie! This usually freaks them out!

~Priest~
"Funk is not something U can buy at the corner store.
It is something that U find deep within Ur Soul!"
.:The One Year Project:. .:Forums:.
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
That sounds very cool, Priest. I believe there are several incarnations of the Haunted Key. Which do you use?
What is the color of magic?
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
Unfortunately, I only have the silver key. I've been trying to either find another one that looks old, or find a way to make mine look older.

P.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Priest, there is a new version out called spirit key, it looks old and ornate.

it can be found HERE!
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
Just in case anyone else was wondering, I was told that if you rub black shoe polish or black paint onto the key, and then wipe it all off while it is still wet, it helps to make it look old. The paint/polish gets into the cracks and gives it that old look.

I haven't tried it yet, but I will. If anyone does it, let us know how it turns out.

~Priest~
Monkey
View Profile
New user
Canada
12 Posts

Profile of Monkey
Look for the Block or telekinetic log. the block is a smaller version of the log. you place it on the table then mysteriously it begins to turrn over end for end. very creepy. or if you are a bit braver learn some invisible thread tricks like fearson's floating cigarette and animated self-lighting cigarette. If you have any questions about invisible thread email me at reilly@shaw.ca Smile
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Priest, that trick with the shoe polish will work. You could also use watered down acrylic paints to form a "wash" that will accomplish the same thing.
What is the color of magic?
woodmaven
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of woodmaven
I saw an old skeleton key for this effect at:

http://www.thaumysta.com

I'm planning on picking one up there. It looks old and should be perfect for Halloween.

- Britt
Friends are our chosen family.

- Britt -
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
You might want to check out several of the effects from "Life, Death and Other Card Tricks", by Robert Neale. This is a good source, and many of the tricks aren't hard.
magiciandude
View Profile
New user
Utah
67 Posts

Profile of magiciandude
You might want to check out a book called Spooky magic at your local liabrary. I forgot the author though.

Hope I was of help!
Lance R. Wilson
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magic is the psychology of the audience.
-Lance Wilson
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Eerie material - Invocation is a great source. Thaumysta magic also sells some great effects and books that are right up there for you.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for eerie tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL