The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Levitations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
I am trying to work out a method to float on the street, a sort of Balducci levitation, with a gimmick that I am attempting to make.

I would like some people's opinions on this one, but I don't want to reveal it to the board. Would someone PM me if they want to help, and maybe we can work on the effect together? All your help would be welcomed. I'll explain more after I get a pm, thanks.

Magicman01462
giggalo183
View Profile
New user
new jersey
32 Posts

Profile of giggalo183
I wouldn't mind helping. I'm a levitation fanatic. Smile
misdirection master
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of misdirection master
I'm thinking about purchasing a levitation effect for street magic. Could someone give me their opinion on which to purchase?

All help is appreciated.

Smile Thank you.
Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
Don't purchase one misdirection master. Use one of the many that don't involve gimmicks. Talk to me if you need more info.

Magicman01462
cardshark101
View Profile
New user
UK Hertfordshire
69 Posts

Profile of cardshark101
I only use the Balducci Smile
Cardshark

All things are difficult before they become easy...
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
Try King Rising. It rocks. Smile
Jax
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Jax
I've heard about 'King Rising'. Is it an extension of the basic Balducci levitation - or something else entirely?
Q-TIP
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, Oh
61 Posts

Profile of Q-TIP
The King Rising is better than the Balducci IMOP. I like it better because the spectator(s) clearly see BOTH feet rise off the ground. With practice (as with everything) it is an amazing levitation.
Smile
Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
But the problem with the King Rising is that the set up is messy and you are not left very clean at the end. You have to employ the use of a coat or something of that sort.... but still, a quite good illusion.

Magicman01462
magicalan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magicalan
I still think Balducci is the best! Smile
-Alan Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
King can work in the right situation, but Balducci is more versatile.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
King Rising is a lot like the Balducci. The only differences are that the angles are a little harder, and it has to be set up although you can set up right in front of the spectators, with out them knowing! It is harder than Balducci but I think with practice, it is much better! Like I said, it rocks. Smile
Luke Kerr
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Luke Kerr
I've already said that if you want help, I am here.
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
I saw Kings Rising for the first time 2 days ago. First off, it's VERY angley (maybe more so than Balducci) so I caught how it was done immediately, and wasn't impressed.

It does look quite good from the right angle but it's messy in the beginning and the end. That is, unless you have a coat or something, but then that doesn't make it very versatile or impromptu. Unless, of course, you are wearing a coat! Smile

Balducci is still my favorite. All I need is my feet, and I don't usually go anywhere without them.

~Priest~
"Funk is not something U can buy at the corner store.
It is something that U find deep within Ur Soul!"
.:The One Year Project:. .:Forums:.
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
When I do Balducci, I have to be barefoot because in my shoes, one foot looks so wierd, everybody knows how I do it. But I kill them in barefeet or socks.

The problem is, my favorite place to do magic is in the street. And it would seem wierd to just pull of my shoes! But when I am over at a person's house or at a party at a friend's house, I do it and they love it!

If anybody is looking for another good lev, try Raven's Flight. You go pretty high and it can be done front, back, or side. This is becoming my favorite lev.

Sorry about the long post. Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Corey King is a bud of mine - and even I think his lev is a little wacky. Top four levs out there gotta be:

1. Balducci
2. Zero Gravity
3. Fearson's Fabulous and
4. King Rising

Anything else is a gimmicked high heel or "black art." (in other words - junk)

Personally, I have donned a magic philosophy that seems to be working well...

"On TV, not for me."

When every magician and his mom is out there “levitating”, why would I want to do it also and just be “one of the guys” when I can 'not' do it and stand out from the crowd?

And after all the publicity it has had – I wouldn’t touch the Balducci with a ten foot magic wand. My brother knows how to do it better than I do and he works for the city. My brother-in-law knew a different variation before the Blaine show even aired and he is a Naval pilot.
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
King Rising is really an excellent self-levitation. There's still a lot of people who don't know how to do it properly. You have to practice more and come up with new ideas. The coat is NOT necessary, as already mentioned by Corey King.

FYI, I have performed the KR to WALKING spectators and got amazing reactions.
illusionist13579
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of illusionist13579
Listen everyone, King Rising is a tight levitation.

And the best levs are:
Balducci, King Rising and Fearsons Fabulous.

I don't like Zero Gravity.

And I like MUSLE and NEo -Rise, and my lev called uprise self lev.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
King Rising is the closest thing I've seen short of hiring a crane operator, editing crew, and zipper-pants consultant.

--Ron
NiTrOuS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of NiTrOuS
Hmm, how in the world do you do the King Rising? I've seen it, and it looks awesome. I want to try and do the King Rising at my school.

Some of my friends figured my Balducci out and I want to try to do the King Rising. Would someone be so kind as to explain the King Rising to me? ty!
"You're changing sides, now?!"
"Changing sides? I don't recall saying I was on yours."
-Raiden & Snake of Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Levitations (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL