The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Allright...THIS time youre getting the buisness!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Youre transported back in time to 17th century france, and charged with restoring the rightful king (Louis XIV) to the throne. You see, Louis has been locked in an iron mask and imprisoned in the bastile by his cruel twin brother...that's right, youre in the "Man in the iron mask" storyline. Well...you figure you wont have any trouble with this task....after all, youve read the book, so you know where to find the masked king. Unfortunately, the twin king has read the book as well, and he's made things a bit more complicated. Upon entering the bastile and overpowering the gaurds, you find not one, but FIVE prisoners locked in iron masks in a row of cells. You only have time to free one prisoner. by asking the gaurds some questions, you are able to glean the 14 facts listed below. This, combined with the knowledge that the true king drinks only wine is all you have to go on. can you logic it out? Hurry....I hear more guards coming!!

1)The man in the red mask has a cell with a stone door
2)Tea is drunk in the cell with the oak door
3)The man in the green mask wears sandals
4)The man in the blue mask drinks water
5)The cell with the oak door is to the right (your right) of the cell with the barred door
6)The man who eats chicken wears boots
7)Beef is eaten in the cell with the iron door
8)Beer is drunk in the middle cell
9)The man in the black mask has the first cell on the left
10)The man who eats fish lives next to the man who wears shoes
11)Beef is eaten in the cell next to the man who wears only socks
12)The man who eats pies drinks milk
13)The man in the yellow mask eats grapes
14)The man in the black mask is in the cell next to the one with the paneled door
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
DJMorticia
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DJMorticia
By my logic, the real king is wearing a black mask and is in the first cell.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
*ripping up papers, kicking over chairs and swearing, yelling, sobbing*

How *%$#@?!-ing lucky can you get??? FIRST one they try! Just all youse guys wait.....I'll stump you yet!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
DJMorticia
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DJMorticia
I really enjoy puzzles like this, I had to sit down with a piece of paper and work on this for a while, eliminating things cluedo style. The one question I have is... what did the other person have on his feet?

I couldn't manage to eliminate everything, I wnated to know where everyone was, what they ate and drank, the cell type and what they had on their feet.

That was a great puzzle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Allright...THIS time youre getting the buisness!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL