The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » DEEP THOUGHT - Greg Arce (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I was very pleased to receive a preview copy of the upcoming Greg Arce's book.

Greg is a friend but I'm not biased because of that when I say that inside his book you will find some real gems and, if you doubt that, just run a search on Greg posts and you will see for yourself how creative he is.

Among the effects in his book there is a powerful frame and presentation built around the concept of really feeling some random emotions chosen by four different people; his Adam's Prediction that has a comedy taste to it; his version of the diary routine with a simple and new (to my knowledge) concept; some excellent ideas with a memorized deck...

Well, watch this space if you want to know more.

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
....one of the best news for a long time!
When will it be released?

Sven
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Sven, I'm waiting on feedback from some of the guys that have the preview version. When it comes back I just have to put in whatever they want in the forward.
It's going to be an e-book you can buy through PayPal.
I hope I'll know more by this weekend.
As Paolo mentioned, the opening effect called Emotion-All is one a couple of guys wanted me to keep to myself. Adam's Prediction is a cute routine, but still has a big surprise at the end.
Date Me is my take on the calendar effect and I've recently heard that Kenton Knepper has a similar method, but I've never seen his. With my method you'll be able to use your cards and any calendar and you can make it stage size... practically self-working once you make the initial set up.
A lot of people wanted me to do a write up again on Scorch so it's in there, but there's a new routine called Floater that allows you to do this on stage with a bigger production and has a new step I've added in Scorch that makes the whole process even more deceptive.
And there's two ideas to apply to any memorized deck: Where's the Remote & Fan Belt.
I'm still debating on how many I will put out because a few of the guys wanted a limited run of sales.
I guess I'll cross that bridge when I burn it! Smile
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Greg,

Please let us know when it is ready, or put me on the list if it is going to be limited -- I would like to get a copy.

Paolo,

Is there any word on your next release? I remember reading that you were working on something following Upsilon, but I haven't seen anything on it yet.

Thanks,

Sixx
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
On one hand I really WANT Greg's book to be limited edition... on the other hand I believe it's only fair to give anyone the possibility to discover the amazing wonders that DEEP THOUGHT can offer to the serious student of Mentalism.

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
So, Greg tell us when you are ready.

I guess a lot of people is waiting for your new book!!!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I should be ready by some time next week. Right now I'm waiting on a couple of the guys to either give me any feedback or quotes about it. It's about 98% ready to go as an e-book.
Greg
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Greg,

will it only be in ebook form?
if so do you realize it will pirated almost immediately. that is really a shame.
I think people would pay the extra costs to buy it as a book - I know I would!

Nir
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
It's funny you say that and maybe I'm totally wrong, but do mentalists generally like to share what they've just learned with all their friend mentalists? I would think people would NOT want to do that. I know I don't, I wouldn't at all be too excited about sharing routines and secrets from an ebook I had just bought. I don't know. How come copies of both my ebooks still sell if you're suggesting ebooks are pirated immediately? Maybe people will pirate copies of your ebook, greg, but you can be sure I won't.

Anabelle
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Nir, I'm sure that happens, but I also know that people just make xerox copies of books. I'm going to take my chances this time and see what happens. I will keep track and if I hear things are going awry then I'll put in another plan for the following project... which I believe will be a book test you can make from just about any book and will have various built-in effects.

And Anabelle, I'm glad to hear of your integrity... here's hoping you are one of many who think this way. Time will tell.

Greg
P.S. It looks like I should be just about ready to go with this by the middle of next week. I'll keep everyone posted. Oh, and thanks for the interest.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Put me in line for this one Greg. Where will purchase be made for the book?
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
If all goes well I'll be putting it out on Wednesday. I'll give out my PayPal account here and I'll send them out in a PDF file. I have a computer friend working on it so it's the smallest file possible... I don't want people frustratred trying to get this to load into their system.
Once again, thanks for all the interest I've been getting on this... it's making my head swell and I might have to get a bigger hat!
:rotf:
Greg
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Okay, gang, here goes. DEEP THOUGHT is ready to be sent out. I'll start sending them out by tomorrow night. It will be an e-book via your email.
I've been torturing myself over the price, but several guys have given me an ultimatum that if I sell it low they'll come and break my legs... one even said he'd just b*tch slap me!
So DEEP THOUGHT will have a limited run at $20, but I will up that price after the first run and it could go as high as $30 or more.
You can PayPal me at: greg@wizmicro.com
I will start sending them out by Wednesday night.
Here are some of the reviews & comments:

"DEEP THOUGHT contains some very powerful and commercial pieces of mental theater. The Balloon trick is worth its weight in gold. I predict thoughtful performers from all over will consider adding at least one of these pieces to their working repertaire, and novices will benifit from seeing how powerful mentalsim is constructed." - Brad Henderson, author of The Dance

"Beware when Greg Arce puts on his thinking cap... weird surprises await you!" - Paolo Cavalli, author of UPSILON

"I love EVERYTHING you have to say about mentalism." - Larry Becker, too many things to list here... but you know him

“Greg’s performances are theatrical, manic, over the top and involve the audience on an emotional level. Herein he shares some of his pet routines that have evolved through performing before live audiences. There’s some very good stuff in this little booklet.” - John Riggs, author of Fat Free Mentalism, Heavy Mental and much, much more

And. last but not least, from Millard Longman, inventor of Acidus Novus, comes this review:

"Greg Arce is a very good (and funny) magician, mentalist, actor, and author. In this book he combines all these talents to bring us a delightful introduction to his inner mind. This first book of his focuses on mentalism, but these effects will have a magical impact on your audience.

Greg opens with a thoughtful essay on being original in your performances. This essay certainly caused me to think about what I am doing!

Greg then jumps right into the feature piece of the book – Emotion-All – an idea and fully fleshed out routine that is certain to become a classic! This is a killer showcase for your presentational skills and acting ability. This one effect could make your reputation!

Do you fear using a nailwriter? Greg shows us the easy way – built right into his Adam’s Prediction routine. You will do this!

Card stacks? Greg includes these too.

Greg gives us seven beautiful routines that are all very workable and should allow for plenty of personalizing as Greg lectures us to do at the beginning of the book.

The last routine, Floater, is based on Greg’s fabulous Scorch (which is included as the next to last routine). Floater is a stage version of Scorch and should make fans of all stage mentalists.

I highly recommend this book!"
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Greg,

Looking forward to it! Just ordered it!

Good luck with it,

Sixx
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thank you, Sixx...
Why do I always feel like I'm talking to an alien when I type in your name?
Greg
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Greg,
Any chance of putting a list of effects up? I feel like Im talking to Smile when I see your pic.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Let's see:
Emotion-all... a routine where four audience members pick emotions from a stack of about thirty. They try to bring up those emotions and you go one by one and recreate the emotions they are feeling... by the way, you need to have some serious acting chops for this one... I was told this one effect should have been sold on its own
Adam's Prediction... a cute prediction effect where a cousin's young son has given you various questions to ask your audience... in the end it turns out he's right and you're amazed.
Date Me... an easy as pie calendar card effect that uses most of the cards in an ordinary deck, a real calendar, no forces and you don't need to know the spectator's birthday before you start... and no card repeats on the same day
Where's The Remote... a remote viewing type of effect using any memorized pack where the spectator makes all the decisions an you know every card that is in the group he chooses.
Fan Belt... a memorized deck approach to the classic fan force.
Scorch... this was put in to complete what comes up afterwards and will instruct those that don't know it already
Floater... a stage version of Scorch using a balloon and some new word-play... and a new addition to the force that can be used with Scorch to make it all invisible.
Greg
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Greg,

I just ordered. Can hardly wait.

--Mike
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I was at the Castle from 7 to 12 west coast time. I just got back and sent out the orders that were in the box.
Thanks.
Greg
AaronShields
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of AaronShields
I just read the writeup of scorched on the old thread. Are you familiar with Chuck Smith's Imagination published in his 1994 lecture notes What If? The procedure is reminiscent of Smith's. He even uses an imaginary candle to burn cards for part of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » DEEP THOUGHT - Greg Arce (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL