The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR or Loops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I would suggest Unseen forces. It comes with 15 loops.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
crazymagic
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of crazymagic
Both have their use. THey can make totally different effects. It all depends what you want. You can buy both anyways, they are expensive.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-07-19 20:21, RydinDubs wrote:
I'm stuck between the two. Which one should I get first?

Quote:
On 2004-07-19 21:51, gerard1973 wrote:

You can not find Jon LeClair’s book The Art of Invisible Thread but his DVD can be found just about anywhere.

Many magicians who use Jon LeClair’s Animator never go back to ITRs again. IMO this is one of the BEST IT set-ups there is! The LeClair Animator is the most popular IT set-up. This tells you something.

RydinDubs,

I just checked Jon LeClair's website(http://www.leclairanimator.com/products/index.cfm) and he continues to list both his book ("The Art of Invisible Thread") and the VHS tape ("Who's Afraid of Invisible Thread"). However, this site might need updating becasue I notice that the site does not list that his video is now out on DVD. However, if you are diligent, you can usually find the book on eBay or here on the Café. It is well worth the effort to acquire both the book and the video.

Hope this helps.

Mike

P.S. I just checked your Profile. Thank you for serving your country by being in the military. It is very much appreciated. I still have the LeClair VHS tape "Who's afraid of Invisible Thread" (I "upgraded" to the DVD) and it would be my honor and privilege to send the tape to you at no cost to you if you provide me with your address. The tape no longer has the IT or LeClair putty that originally came with the tape but I'll see if I can round up a little of each and include that also, if you'd like. (It won't be the official LeClair IT and putty but it'll be an acceptable substitute.)
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
There is a nice book on loop effects at: http://elmagicshop.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=9078&p_catid=&sid=8j4LVH1060A84KY-32104506541.ae.
It is, "Animated Miracles Book," by Mesika.
Richard
ykstem
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ykstem
I am an avid loops user. Highly recommend them - but, as others have said, check out the Ammar and/or Leclaire videos, play around with regular IT first, to become familiar with the general issues and uses of IT.

On a related note:

Anyone have experience using the TIES system, advertised by Penguin magic?

Also, Penguin is now selling a cheaper alternative to TIES - the Milion Dollar Knot. Anyone have any expereince with this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR or Loops (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL