The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dream Movie by Borodin as featured on Hocus-Pocus' Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
381 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Does anybody have a review for this effect? The write-up doesn't mention anything about this effect in terms of whether it requires a swami gimmick, difficult sleight-of-hand, or other difficult moves to successfully pull it off.

Basically, is this effect relatively easy to do, can it be performed for one or two spectators, and is it suitable for close-up performance (i.e. in someone's living room or at a table)?

Answers to these questions and any other pertinent information would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sounds like a great effect overall, though!
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
4 time Mr Olympia Jay Cutler
206 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Hello,

Yes the effect is easy to do. There is no swami gimmick, difficult sleight-of-hand, or other difficult moves to do Dream Movie. I would say parlor or stage is best for this effect.

Out of all of the effects that Hocus Pocus Magic has received from Ted, this is one of my favorites. Being able to cause something to catch fire by meerly concentrating on it is way cool. There is a little bit of prep time with the props involved, but it would only take a couple of minutes to do before your show.

You get everything you need to do the effect. It's very clever and would astonish any audience. Not only that, but there is no way that they would be able to reconstruct the routine to try and figure anything out!

If you have any further questions please call Hocus Pocus Magic toll free 1 800 407 4040
Jason London

This space for rent
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hello,
Borodin´s "Dream Movie" is a wonderful effect. The only "move" it needs is a simple billet-switch. So no swami gimmicks etc. are needed.
I would say, that you need at least Three spectators to perform it correctly. The trick is performable in every living room. For Mr. Borodin "Dream Movie" was and still is his closing effect.

If you trust me, GET IT!

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Ted Lesley
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
989 Posts

Profile of Gianni
I want to say this as delicately as possible.

I don't see how this effect can be done to a small group of people, especially those who know each other. There will be an overwhelming temptation for the person who thinks of the movie title to grab the billet.

Gianni
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Atlanta, GA
433 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Has anyone performed this effect lately?

NM
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dream Movie by Borodin as featured on Hocus-Pocus' Website (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.128886 seconds, requiring 24 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [7] [2] [1] [7] [5] [3] [4]