The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Best Gilbreath Principle Tricks (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
DrunkTeam
View Profile
New user
Argentina
1 Post

Profile of DrunkTeam
Hello, I'm an amateur magician in Argentina, member of the CPI (Club Porteño de Ilusionismo), a bunch of Magic lovers, meeting once a week here in Buenos Aires.
I've been working on Max Maven's "The hawk" and reached an 80 percent of probability of success (20 out of 100 fails...). Has anyone tips or suggestions of a way to get closer to 100?
Thanks
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
See "A Fix For the Hawk" on the previous page of this thread.

/Tomas
Midway
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Midway
Another vote for Mockingbird by Maven and Pointspread by Aronson.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Roy Walton has published some great ideas to do with this principle - My favourite would be 'Game Law' from the Second Volume of 'The Complete Walton'. In this effect, the spectator can riffle shuffle the deck TWICE...
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
Viejo trolo, dedicate a hacer juegos para tu edad por eso solo alcanzas el 80%

HEHEHE el miercoles te veo
SSG
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of SSG
Scott Cram is right:

Piacente's MEMORY OPENER absolutely KILLS!!!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
For you Gilbreath fans, you'll find 3 unique effects using his principle in my new hardcover book, Kingdom of the Red. 240 pages (8 1/2 x 11) with over 450 b/w photos + a 95 minute DVD. Check it out by the link near my signature.
apple123
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of apple123
Larry,
What percentage of your book concerns cards as this is what I mostly interested in?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Hi apple123,

About 2/3 of the book is cards and the rest, balls, coins, bills, ropes, rings, apparatus you can build, predictions etc. There is very easy stuff, average, and some challenging routines. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Larry
apple123
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of apple123
Thank you Larry.

I wish you every success with it.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Chuck Hickok has a fine demonstration, utilizing the Gilbreath Principle, in his Mentalism Inc, Vol 2 book.

The effect, "Fore-Closer", has become a personal favorite of mine.

-C
Cognite tute
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
The first trick in the book is a killer using the Gilbrerath Principle and more.

David
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Mockingbird! Mockingbird! Mockingbird!
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
"Psychic Poker" in "Best of jj sanvert" DVD Vol. 4 (LL Publishing)...
JJS
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
On Miracles for mortals 1 (Geoff williams) you have a great routine called "The omega Bet".
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
The early volumes of the 'Semi-Automatic Card Tricks' series by Steve Beam has loads of excellent effects that rely on the Gilbreath principle. You can find his books for sale at http://www.stevebeam.com.

Best,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Green Lite by Lennart Green DVD have some fine card effects based on Gilbreath Principle. And they are all selfworking "killers"! I do The Dragon's Pearl, looks utterly impossible, sure.

http://www.mymagic.com/dvd/dvd-green.htm
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Help me out please. I have effects from Duane Laflin such as "Are all religions the same?" and "Agree with all of Scripture". Is that the Gilbreath Principle ?--Rev.Bill
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
hdragonetta
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hdragonetta
I'm crazy about Larry's Colors at Montauk Point, and you can't go wrong with David Williamson's Aunt Mary's Terrible Secret. I'm still hoping Max Maven eventually publishes his opus on the principle as he's hinted occasionally.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Hdragonetta,

Thanks for your comments about Alignment of Colors at Montauk Point from Kingdom of the Red.

Check out "Chance or Choice" in the February 2009 issue of MAGIC Magazine. It's a 2 1/2 page write up of a new effect of mine in Joshua Jay's column. It uses the Gilbreath Principle to accomplish an impossible prediction.

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Best Gilbreath Principle Tricks (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL