The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Best Gilbreath Principle Tricks (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1377 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Lybrary has just released my simple guide to the Gilbreath Principle, which includes "two killer routines" (purchaser's unsolicited review).

http://www.lybrary.com/understanding-and......861.html

Mike
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
A good start would be the reference math book by Brent Morris. It is a generalization of faro shuffle, a tool needed for analyzing the Gilbreath principle.
michalsedlacek
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of michalsedlacek
Hello,

first of all, sorry for my terrible English. Please, could you help me? It is all about Max Maven's The Hawk. It seems to me that it doesn't work 100 %. Do you have the same experience? Or what is the mistake? It works about 80 % of time, but not always.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California (East Bay Area)
119 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
This problem has been addressed on a thread I think in the All in the cards section. If I remember correctly Tomas Blomberg has a solution for this. Sorry I can't provide a link right now. I suggest do a Google search with keywords Maven Hawk Blomberg magic Café.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
michalsedlacek
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of michalsedlacek
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, adiabaticman wrote:
This problem has been addressed on a thread I think in the All in the cards section. If I remember correctly Tomas Blomberg has a solution for this. Sorry I can't provide a link right now. I suggest do a Google search with keywords Maven Hawk Blomberg magic Café.

Thank you very much.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1267 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Here's Tomas Blomberg's fix:

Quote:
On May 31, 2006, TomasB wrote:
This won't make any sense unless you are familiar with Max Maven's clever The Hawk.

A fix for The Hawk
------------------
Have the two spectators cut the deck repeatedly. Spectator 1 takes the top card and spectator 2 takes the next card. Both are asked to remember the cards. Ask spectator 1 to place his card on top of the deck and cut the deck as directed in "The Hawk", but just before he does, say "Oh wait, you might suspect that I caught a glimpse of the bottom card somehow. Please put the bottom card of the deck away in your pocket." He will pocket the bottom card then cut the deck after which you go through the rest of Max Maven's "The Hawk" to right after the shuffle. Ask spectator 2 to replace his card about a quarter from the bottom of the deck. You are set to complete "The Hawk".

After you have gone through the routine and revealed the two selections, you can say "You really made it hard for me by putting that Five of Spades in your pocket!"

Tomas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Best Gilbreath Principle Tricks (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL