The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis from wendi.com? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
248 Posts

Profile of symbolicthought
Hi all

I wonder if any here has bought instructions tapes from http://www.wendi.com on the hypnosis subject? Im a newbie, and want to learn. Is this a good path, or are the stuff just crap? what to do instead?
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
If you're a complete newbie and want to get into Hypnotism for the mentalist angle, you need the McGill Encyclopedia which as discussed at length around these parts is the standard text on the subject
symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
248 Posts

Thanks!

Im interested both as a mentalist, but since it is forbidding in law to perform stage hypnosis here in sweden, that is just a part of it.. I want to learn to help people around me.. and yes, I want to master that orgasm stuff, just as the cool guy I am Smile
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
I've met and spoken with Wendi on numerous occasions and own several of her programs.

Honestly, the programs are good (not great, but definitely not bad). They're well-produced and, for the most part, worth the cost. However, some programs are blatant rip-offs (shameful, since Wendi's a pretty competent hypnotist).

I'd recommend buying her programs for one reason and one reason only: to study her intonation. It's the best I've ever heard - and many pros agree with that. Other than that, I'd say you could probably get cheaper programs that'll give you the same (or better) information. For instance, George Bien has a set on doing hypnosis presentations that's got some really, really clever ideas (alot of it is in his set-up, which overcomes the need for suggestibility tests). There's a lot of great stuff out there; you just have to be willing to look.
Mediaman15775
View Profile
New user
UK
10 Posts

Profile of Mediaman15775
Like bev said if you are looking to learn then McGill Encyclopedia is the first buy in the road to hypnosis.

I bought many books etc but I learned more in the first few chapters of McGills book than than all the others put together
symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
248 Posts

I will check McGill up.. is it structured so that you can perform it yourself, or is it just "read about it"? you know how I mean?
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Wendi puts out good stuff. Great marketer too.

If you are looking for stage hypnosis instruction, the best person to teach you modern stage hypnosis techniques would be Geoffrey Ronning. He runs the Stage Hypnosis Center, where you can check out his EKG stage hypnosis induction. It's excellent. While there, check out the free ezine and free articles as well as subscription stuff and excellent training materials.

The benefit of learning from him is that he is really out there doing shows and knows his stuff. And yes, you should still get the McGill book. It's priceless.

Stuart Cumberland

FREE Mentalism Newsletter:www.Mental-List.com
eztravlr
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of eztravlr
I'll agree with the above posting on Ronning's stuff, but as for the first sentence??? You really need to re-evaluate your definition of "good stuff" Plentyful, prolific don't always mean good.
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
I've just finished reading McGills book, and it was one of the best reads I've had for some time. Everything you need to know is in those pages.
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Quote:
On 2004-08-05 11:35, eztravlr wrote:
I'll agree with the above posting on Ronning's stuff, but as for the first sentence??? You really need to re-evaluate your definition of "good stuff" Plentyful, prolific don't always mean good.

I agree that plentiful and prolific does not equal good.

You are most welcome to disagree with me on my assessment as it matters nothing to me. What one person likes another may dislike. An opinion was requested and an opinion given.

Just my thoughts...

Stuart Cumberland

FREE Newsletter:www.Mental-List.com
Robinson
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Robinson
I just finished McGill Encyclopedia and I thought is was great. Now I'm wanting to buy either Ronnings home study course or Jerry Valleys home study course. Anyone know which one would be the best out of the two. I would really like to take one of the live trainings but this year most of my money is going to my wedding in Sept. Thanks for any advise you can give.
The best kept secret of magic.. practice Smile
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Robinson,

You could be taking a hypnosis training, but you'd rather use the money for your *wedding?* C'mon, man -- priorities! Smile

Seriously, I'm a CCH who's had several live trainings in both hypnosis and NLP, and I feel they are almost always over hyped and overpriced for what you get. Read some good books on it, maybe get a recommended correspondence course, and especially have lots of people to practice on, and you'll be just fine.

I don't have much experience with formal stage shows, but I've done group demonstrations of hypnosis as well as lots of one-on-one therapy, and I think it's much the same idea. With McGill's Encyclopedia as your foundation, and people to practice on, you'll get the hang of it, I'm certain.

(And I hope you got the large, updated hardcover -- many places still sell that small version from the dark ages...)

Seth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis from wendi.com? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL