The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » What to say when things go wrong...very wrong. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
MatthewBlackwell you have a Very Excellent Idea. but what Trick do you kind of Boo Boo Things with.
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Please friends let's put these great phrases in ONE good form I would love to download them on my printer.I'ts always good to have as much literature as possible even a pro. can always refer to these. O by the way MagicMike (David Seth Kotkin)
on one of his Italian and if I do remember correctly in Milan made many Bad mistakes and was critisized...
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I saw one of my favorite magicians lecture recently. He was performing a ring routine, and dropped the key ring. Without missing a beat, he quickly picked it up and said, " my God, it broke! ". It was one of the best laughs of the night. I'm still wondering if he did it on purpose.
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
I'm sure that to the untrained eye that looked like a mistake. But I assure you it was just an illusion.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
**** happens. Smile
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I just washed my hands and can't do a thing with them.
Sammy J. Teague
Sordini
View Profile
New user
USA
70 Posts

Profile of Sordini
In an effect, the parts where something can go wrong need a specific line, or even better a least a little thought... A lot of the posts above make me cringe as a magician. Would a human cringe more? Are they sure fire laughs?
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Well that's the last magic trick I buy from David Blaine/Criss Angel/David Copperfield.
InventorRu
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of InventorRu
Said thoughtfully
"Mmm....it looked so easy in the book"
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Wait! When I'm good I'm good but when I'm bad I'm better
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2008-03-30 21:26, Magicmike1949 wrote:
I'm sure that to the untrained eye that looked like a mistake. But I assure you it was just an illusion.

Just a thought. How about, "I'm sure that to the untrained eye that looked like a mistake, but may I remind you I deal in illusion."
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Smile
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
RodHousley
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of RodHousley
My favorite is "This is a comedy and magic show, if it's not funny, then it's magic."
I believe that magician's and performers should not be so afraid of making a mistake. I believe it makes us look human and audiences appreciate the humanous quality in us. We are human and we will make mistakes. I have yet to have a perfect show. It is always always growing and changing because of the mistakes being made. If it is a mistake, maybe it should be taken out of the show or at least deeply studied.
andini1
View Profile
New user
UK
93 Posts

Profile of andini1
I say, "You're probably thinking that was a mistake - it's not - it's all part of the act. It wasn't part of the act last night; but it is tonight."

Or, "It makes you want to go outside and throw yourself under a blonde!!"
Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
I quote, in French, the last stanza of L'héautontimorouménos by Charles Baudelaire. This non-sequitur refocuses the audience to, "what did they just say?" mode. Swiftly, I move on to the next routine.

Or as Pee Wee Herman would say, "I meant to do that".
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 13:57, andini1 wrote:
I say, "You're probably thinking that was a mistake - it's not - it's all part of the act. It wasn't part of the act last night; but it is tonight."

Or, "It makes you want to go outside and throw yourself under a blonde!!"

:lol:
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2004-09-02 15:25, Clifford the Red wrote:
Hey, **** happens so what is your favorite tension releaser?

My favorites are -

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps. (quote from Emo Phillips)

and from Eugene -

Well, back to the drawing board with that one!

Thanks for watching, and don't worry she'll be fine after a little surgery, and my assistant will be around to help you with those pesky blood stains. Try the veal!
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Where are the hecklers when you need them?
LaurensMalter
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
131 Posts

Profile of LaurensMalter
These are great!

Just a little disturbing that there are so many.. haha
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
"Years of fooling with card, they tend to fool you back"

"Did you put in the card, let me check, what is the name of your card? Nope, it not in the deck...it in my mouth"

Recovery can be done easily with cards, Coin...but I guess it hard on certain trick, such as levitation effect..

In the end, just do other amazing stuff and hope to misdirect them from your mistake. This can be done since most magician confuse their audience and most audience don't know what magician is doing...
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » What to say when things go wrong...very wrong. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL