The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble and Ring problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Hi! I just got into thimble and ring manipulations, and I say it pretty interests me more than cards.

But I have this problem I hope you guys can help me with. Whenever I vanish a thimble or ring where I place it in my pointing finger, it goes well but when I reproduce it in a fast way, it flies out of my finger. It shoots really far. Does the ring or thimble need to be really tight? Or loose will do?
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
You are bringing your finger out too fast. Move your arm as you produce the thimble. Speed is not important. The thimble should fit snug if possible. If it is too loose you will not be able to keep it under control.
Devious Dan
View Profile
New user
Alabama
5 Posts

Profile of Devious Dan
I had a problem with my thimbles shooting off too. I fixed it with a hot glue gun and stick. Just put a little ball of glue in each thimble to make it fit better. You can adjust the size by using the gun tip to spread the glue out until it is sized right.

Please let the glue cool down before sticking your finger in! Of course this is for wooden thimbles. Plastic would melt.

Danny Faulkner
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
It could be the size thimble or you are not clearing your thumb. However, I venture to say that you are flicking your finger rather than extending it.

Try loading the thimble on the move outward, extend the finger (quickly) as you produce the thimble, give the hand a sharp jerk back (about an inch or so) and stop abruptly.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble and Ring problems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL