The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Food Magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
There's always the zombie bread roll... Impressive if you do it right.
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2448 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Taking 6 sugar packets, number them 1-6...on the number you wish to force, say 4, write the number 4 on BOTH sides of the packet, unbeknownst to the spec.

taking a napkin etc, write secretly your "prediction," 4.

proceed to play a game of elimination by throwing them lightly into the air, each time eliminating the ones that fall face down, that is, with NO number showing.

eventually, all will be eliminated, save the number 4, for obvious reasons.
destroy the evidence!!

enjoy this oldie but goodie.

Baba
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Babakali.. I agree with you that sugar packet trick (i beleive called granulated 5000) is one of the strongest effects you can do with a sugar packet. Fools magicians too! They will think you are using a tt.

I wrote this in another thread but there is a mouth vanish I do that is really strong. Its a retension vanish with your mouth. You pop a candy in your mouth and do a "grossed out face" like thew candy isn't good, you hold it between your teeth and prtetend to take it out (suck it back in) now you either make it disseapear from your hand or pretend to throw it away. If you want to play ir as a joke say with a mouth full "itsh disshapeered" or just start biting in it doing this loud candy crunching noise. Can be amazing and quite humourous. Mac king described it in his book as a prank, where you take gum out of your mouth and pretend to stick it on someone;s shirt. Its a good little gag/trick..
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2448 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
So, what actually happens to the candy...do you swallow it or just hide it in your mouth?? sounds good.

AND I was unaware that this trick was marketed or whathaveyou...I wouldnt have given it...

an old magic man taught me this long ago...thought it was his....

hope no one is offended by me giving it away....at any rate enjoy it...

also, the ANCIENT effect of "tying" a knot in a cherry stem while its in your mouth come to mind.

simply tie one, put it in your mouth before you begin...and take out the tied one to their amazement!!

Baba
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3590 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Let's see - Slydini's Sweet Salt works pretty well, though not entirely impromptu. His sugar packet trick where the sugar winds up back inside a sealed sugar packet is good. A TT salt pour plays excellently. Coin in bread roll works for me and the classic comedy "Vanishing Cracker" is a total hoot as the "woofle dust" is actually the crunched cracker! And, of course, the classic Michael Ammar "Mashed Potatos Vanish" that he will reluctantly talk about if you twist his arm strongly enough and is a remarkably funny magic moment (but on't expect to keep your job at that restaurant if you work there and do that effect!

There was a routine with switching the flavors of chewing gum published some time back and demonstrated at an Invocational, many years ago as well. I don't have the source handy at the moment.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
MagoStevo
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of MagoStevo
Do the 123 overhead act,this can vanish almost any food and drinks on the table,and still entertaining almost the whole restaurant!please refer to Greg's work!
sometime you just need to think to convert both classic and modern magic into something different by using what is available rather:oh,i forget to bring my "magician's rope" or cards.You just have to pick up what you have and play with it!
Never ever have bad thought,you never know who is listening....
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1481 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
In his impromptu serie, Dan Harlan teaches some bunches of effect such as "at the coffie table", "at the party", and s.o. You'll find tons od impromptu trick to do with the material you'll find in such situations. Take a look!
Jonathan.
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
Peanut butter and jellyfish. Smile
Actually, Paul Harris has a ton of sugar packet stuff. And have you seen Osterlind's Sweeter & Lower? It's a complete restoration of a signed & opened packet of Sweet & Low.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4354 Posts

Profile of rannie
There is an interesting effect in "THE MOVIE" that uses a wine glass and a Gummy Bear.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Doc Pepper
View Profile
New user
Black Hills of South Dakota
82 Posts

Profile of Doc Pepper
I have done several of the all-ready mentioned tricks... Strange, the biggest reaction I have ever recieved from a group while `playing with food' was the pre-cut banana. Go figure.. The coin in the roll is another good and quick little ploy.
The Doctor will see you now! ;-)
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20487 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Here is one that was probably posted in the wrong place and would fit here.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=5

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well, at the sushi bar, I do cups and whatever with the tea cups, and I love the balancing Chopsticks (see the Mystery School book for that one!)
We also do a little Equivoque with the chosen coin wrapped in a larger bill for the tip.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2448 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Nice katracy...
years ago
I seen an older magi on the streets of NYC take out a tin of chewing tobacco and proceeded to eat it!!

He later showed me how he made it...took shredded coconut and chocolate syrup...mixed it up in a wet mound..placed it in a skoal tin...

not really impromptu, but itll certainly appear that way!
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1237 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
As for sugar packets, David Harkey's "Sweet Talk" from "Simply Harkey", and for a more elaborate, but killer routine from same said book, try "Crystals".
Also, Gregory Wilson's "Vanish 5000". This won't seem like much when you read it but, trust me, it's good.

Giovanni had a great idea for eating a lit cigar. I've done this. It's also a stunner. It can be found in his book "The Amazing Cigar".

Somebody had a "Karate Cracker" effect. Was that Paul Harris?
It's all in the reflexes.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1237 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Another great stage or parlor trick can be found in Jim Steinmeyer's "Conjuring" column in MAGIC Magazine a few years back. It's called "Apples & Oranges" and it's a brilliant implementation of the old Piano Card Trick. Very deceptive and fun to do . And practically self-working!
This routine can be found more recently in Jim's "The Conjuring Anthology", a collection of all the effects from the aforementioned monthly column with a few new ones added.
There's also a great popcorn effect and one using Chinese food.
It's all in the reflexes.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3590 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Paddle trick with chop sticks - Sankey - 100% Sankey

Slydini's Sweet Salt

Salt Vanish - Jarrow

Salt Shaker Through Table - classic, Malini, I believe made it famous

Free and Unlimited Coinage of Silver - Houdin/Vernon Dai Vernon Book of Magic

Coin in Bread Roll - classic

Slydini's Sugar to Packet

Chink-a-Chink - Mohammed Bey/Malini use sugar cubes or ber bottle caps

Benson Bowl routine - use paper napkins and a dinner knife as a wand - Roy Benson

Vanishing and Reappearing Wine Glass - Journal of the Magica Arts Arcane issue, by Tabary, I think

Swallowing a Knife - Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic, Martin Gardener

Coin Through Bottom of a Glass - Ross Bertram

Squash (Vanishing shotglass) - Originally by Abbotts, I believe, now from Fun, Inc.

and, of course, Michael Ammar's Embarrassment (The vanishing Mashed Potatos - top it if you can, folks, but this kills, however, the cleaning billl will kill YOU!).

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18978 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
2 words.

Table Crap.

it is a Jay Marshall tape.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Michael Ammar's Bite Off Plate comes to mind. Also the Salt Trick taught by Darwin in Darwin's Encyclopedia of Thumb Tip Magic.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
BHart24
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
112 Posts

Profile of BHart24
Check out the Cheetah's Handbook Vol. 2 for two routines from Kostya Kimlet. The first is a fusing of two cherries together by their stems, and the second is a visual restoration of an eaten chicken wing. Very offbeat, and both impromptu should you find yourself in a situation with cherries or buffalo wings!
Rkull
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Rkull
I once did the 3 balls routine for kids with grapes. At the end of the routine, where all the grapes vanish, I had difficulty in swallowing, but I folled them!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Food Magic! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL