The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cube-A-Libra (Bewildering Blocks) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Carnac
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Carnac
I had the Harries version. As stated above, it is a little delicate. Too delicate for me . A few years back I got one from Harold Voit in Germany. Yummy! The current version from Gimpy looks great and from a friend who has it, works great.(But I really love mine)
Bob Meigs
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Bob Meigs
Illusion Arts (associated with Magic Auction) makes an "Okito's Bewildering Blocks," which use letters, rather than numbers. From the picture, it appears the blocks go into a box, rather than a vertical tube, which implies a unique method. Also, the blocks apparently can spell unforced words. The routine is discussed in Ultimate Okito, but I don't have access to that. Does anyone know anything about this effect, or Illusion Arts' apparatus?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-04-17 11:08, SmittyWitty wrote:
I know this post goes back several years. Is the Gympy version still available? I looked on Stevens site and they only show the 3-block version. How about Jay Leslie's? How do these two compare? And prices ($US)?

Thanks!

Here you go:
You could even borrow the old I love Lucy skit with the veta-vita-vetamen patter.

then compare this:
http://thehouseofenchantment.com/pages/c......mbo.html

and

http://thehouseofenchantment.com/pages/c......0jr.html
XerxX
View Profile
New user
I hope I'll make more than
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
Hello,

It seems like Gimpy still has it: http://www.gimpysmagic.com/gioldticuli.html
That one is six cubes. There's also one with three (Demi Cube A Libre).

Best regards,
XerxX
2013-01-25: Returning after a loong absence...
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I do know that Gimpy will make either of the Cube-A-Libres that you might want. I know, because I purchased both from him!
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
And Gimpy's customer service is OUTSTANDING!!!
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
Bob Meigs
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Bob Meigs
Received my Okito Bewildering Blocks from Craig Beytien of Illusion Arts. It is basically Cube-A-Libre with letters. An audience member writes an unforced word and seals it in an envelope; the magician places random lettered blocks in a box, closes the box,and reopens it to reveal the word. Great routine, superb craftsmanship, and a wonderful piece to perform or display. If you think Cube-A-Libre is cool - and I do - this is even cooler.
Andre Refberg
View Profile
New user
brasil
2 Posts

Profile of Andre Refberg
Quote:
On 2004-09-11 10:54, Christopher wrote:
I am considering purchasing this from Hocus-Pocus. Has anyone bought one? I would like to know the quality of the construction. I saw a photo of Cube-A-Libra from another dealer and the blocks looked really cheap and flimsy. I travel a lot (daily) with my props and need to make sure that this version from Hocus-Pocus is well constructed.

Andre Refberg
View Profile
New user
brasil
2 Posts

Profile of Andre Refberg
In Brazil has a shop with products of high quality, the reputation of the seller is very good and the products are very well made​​. Ali has the effect cuba libre. site is http://www.abracadabramagicas.com.br
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
Gimpy is the man! He custom built a light heavy box for me last year. Craftsmanship is superb and customer service is the best along with being a really nice fellow.
I don't understand all I know about this
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I'm trying to get ahold of caramaba magic from spain to get a set....gimpys look nice but don't care for the look of the tube compared to carambas
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Caramba*
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Wow got a set from caramba ordered...not sure how but they got back to me and processed an order for me! cant wait
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
I had the Okito Bewildering Blocks made by Paul Lembo. It is somewhat more of a tranformation effect where blocks with letters form a chosen word. Cube-a-Libra is more of a movement of a colored disk between other different color disks. Bob
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think you may be more thinking of "Blue Phantom" with the colored disk... Smile
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
You are correct, I don't know why, but for some reason I was thinking about a Blue Phntom. Thanks for the correction. Cube-A-Libre uses a hidden covered stack of blocks with different numbers. Another set of blocks with no cover is re-arranged in various ways. When the other stack of blocks is un-covered, the position of the blocks matches the other stack of blocks. At least, that is what I recall (I had the version made by Golden Gate magic from Californiia). I recall it having 6 blocks which made it somewhat hard to balance. Other versions use less blocks which I think makes handling easier. Bob
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
You are correct Bob, I have a six block Harries version but have never really used it due to the larger size.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
Just bought Gimpy's mini cube a libre. The mini uses four blocks. He made a light heavy box last year and it is a jewell.
I don't understand all I know about this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cube-A-Libra (Bewildering Blocks) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL