The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Performance v. You » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Squawker
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
3 Posts

Profile of Squawker
Hello Derren,

A bunch of very sweet elderly ladies (who you're too polite to turn away!!) approaches you while you're having lunch with friends, looking for an autograph, whatever ..... You chat. One of them asks you to do something ... you choose to oblige. Do you 'switch' from being yourself into performance mode before you perform any effect? Before I sing anything I mentally 'remove myself' from where I am for two seconds and come back 'where I need to be' - do you do this, or do you need to? Or would you have already switched to 'performer' as soon as you saw them coming?

Do you find it hard on occasion to separate the two? (they're obviously very close at times)

Lastly - do you overplay or underplay when you're delivering to a room full of magicians, as opposed to a 'general' audience?
Thank you
Amanda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Performance v. You » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL