The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Video? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hi, living in the USA, I haven't had a chance to see you perform. Since in another post, you already said you may do a TV special here in the next few years, I wanted to know if there are any places to get a video of the TV specials you have already done?

Thanks,
Shane Wiker
Ryan Birch
View Profile
Regular user
North Wales
142 Posts

Profile of Ryan Birch
I don't know if Inside your Mind is on region 1 (I don't even know if UK and US are different regions!) but you can get region free dvd players, and Inside is a collection of scenes from the tv specials. Smile

Raz
"NO Ryan! I do NOT want to see another one of your silly magic tricks!" - my mum
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
No, not easy. Suggest you ask around for NTSC versions of the shows that people may have. Sorry...

db
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Inside Your Mind (order from Amazon.co.uk) will play on all Macintosh computers running System X, and most PC's, too, I suspect.

Bob
Matthew Teague
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
7 Posts

Profile of Matthew Teague
Is US money the same as UK money? if not how do I convert. What I mean by that is how much is twenty US dollars, in the UK. Thanks in advance.

Matthew Teague
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Hi Matt,

Currently, the rate is about 1.8 dollars to the pound. That means, one pound translates to approximately $1.80. Thus, 20 pounds is about $36.00. (Yeah, I know it blows, but at least they're not charging you VAT... unless it includes VAT, then you can start crying now...)

James.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
UK prices are inclusive of VAT if the company is registered to charge it.
Voodoo_VCS
View Profile
New user
East Anglia, UK.
10 Posts

Profile of Voodoo_VCS
I'm going to try and cover everything, so I beg of you, please be patient.

Region Codes and their designated areas:

1: the U.S., Canada and other U.S. territories
2: the UK, Mainland Europe, The Middle East (inc. Egypt), South Africa and Japan
3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (inc. Hong Kong)
4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central and South America, Mexico and the Caribbean
5: Eastern Europe(former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea and Mongolia
6: China
7: Unassigned region
8: Special International Venues (Aeroplanes, Cruise ships)

thanks to dvddemystifyed.com for clarification.

NTSC and PAL/SECAM colour Formats

I'll direct you here:
http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.19

as I personally have only had to deal with PAL format dvds and broadcast material. In a nutshell, PAL dvd players will accept both colour formats, NTSC dvd players usually need a colour converter (PAL is encoded at higher resolution than NTSC, NTSC players can't handle the higher resolution) Your TV will also need to handle PAL aswell.

Overriding Region Codes

Overriding region codes is another matter. On a PC, all it involves is a software patch, on a Mac, it's a little more complex(check Google). Some hardware-based dvd players can be unlocked so that any region dvds can be played....i'm not sure about the process on PS2s and X-BOXes, as they're more stringent about which colour format they play(check Google).

Multiregion and RCE

It is illegal for any manufacturer to supply Multiregion dvd players, but not dvd players that can be tweaked to accept discs to any region......this was fine intil the introduction of Region Code Enhancement (otherwise known as RCE or REA) which will refuse to play on tweaked players. This shouldn't be a problem with Inside our Mind though.

Currency Conversion

I always use http://www.xe.com for currency conversion, at present US$1 = £0.55

Importing Inside Your Mind

Amazon.co.uk - £6.97 + £1.45 P+P(to UK)/ US$12.50 + US$5.52 S+H (to U.S.)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN......-3592652

that's the best place I've found.....Good Luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Video? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL