The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Street Mentalism » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Hi again,

Do you think street mentalism is something that could work. When I say this I don't mean, mentalism done in the style of Mr David Blaine. What I mean is if it was to be performed in the way that street magic was originaly performed. Possibly simialr to you 10p to be a mindreader piece. Although done in a different way maybe adding a table.
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4294 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quite a few of his effects from the show where filmed on the streets. Doesn't seem much point labling it street mentalism and therefore restricting all the effects to the side-walk.

Kukram, that was a hot dog stand.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Yes but would such an act work as say Mindreading Busking Act.
Also I do not wish to borrow or steal any of Derrens effects.
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
Of course it could work. Not really my style, and you'd have a lot of challenges to get over. The temptation would be to squeeze one mould (Blaine) into another (me/whoever). That would never work that well - or at least be, at best, a copy. But if you approached it with a fresh slate, and an understanding of character etc, it could be excellent and surprising. Could be great fun.

Cheers,
db
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Street Mentalism » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL