The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Time limitations. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Force
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of The Force
Hi Derren,

I really enjoyed the TOTM sries and the specials.
The live show was fantastic.
I wonder how you feel about the time limitations set upon you with a tv series, as presumably, the filming is on a firly tight schedule as opposed to a live show where there is plenty of rehersal time.
Do you find it difficult to perfect and perform new effects as well as you would like becasue of this?

All the best
x
The Force
The Force
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of The Force
Looks like you've been busy with a kiddies party today then Derren!
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
Thank you. Yes, it's a frighteningly rapid and unforgiving process, but you learn to move at the necessary speed. It's a shame that you only get one go at it on TV: in the live show, I can tweak it every night and slowly let it all come together.
Of course more time would always be a tremendous bonus, and there have been routines fromt he shows (not saying which ones...) which I feel would be better had I had more time to play with them and try them out. But where the performance may not be as polished as a stage piece, you have the luxury of music and close-ups to aid the drama.

Incidentally, to make a series and 2 specials takes 8 months. Touring takes 4, with a month to write and rehearse the show from scratch. That's my entire year, with no breaks. I've been working to that schedule since February 2003, and know that it won't change until at least May 2006. It is hard work.

Cheers,
db
123majik123
View Profile
Regular user
nowhere
180 Posts

Profile of 123majik123
So that means we can expect another series and two more specials?
*Laura*
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of *Laura*
I'm sure the money makes the hard work worth it. Oh and the reputation in the magic community of course etc etc etc (!)
The Force
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of The Force
Busy Chap!! Thanks for the reply.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Time limitations. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL