The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Mind reading » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikelo
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mikelo
How did you get to be so good at mind reading and psychological tricks? I can usually tell if someone's lying, but you seem to be able to pick up on minor signals to be able to tell exactly what's going on in their mind. Did that take a long time to learn?
Also, what age were you when you started learning magic? I started when I was 7.
P.S. I got into your show and I'm only 10. It was fantastic. Your seance on TV was brilliant too.

Click here to view attached image.
faith can move mountains,but has trouble with doors
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
Thanks Mikelo. Very nice of you to post. And great picture.
Pleased you liked the seance - I did too. Had no idea they were going to be quite that scared, and I kept going off to giggle and jump up and down with the film crew in the ad breaks.

It did take me a long time to learn, but as you know, it's not all quite what I say it is. I started off as a hypnotist and then got into magic when I realised I didn't want to work as a hypnotist full-time. But magic teaches you a way of thinking and a love of giving people a feeling of amazement, and these things stuck with me. So I tried mixing some of the magic things I had learnt with the psychological things I had learnt to come up with what I'm doing now. It's not real mind-reading: it's normally more about creating the hopefully amazing and enjoyable feeling that mind-reading has just happened.
But good luck with it all - it's lots of fun.

Derren.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Mind reading » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL