The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Courting controversy » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eggwoman
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Eggwoman
Derren,
Certainly you have not been one to shy away form controversy. First of all with Russian Roulette which the newspapers went to town on, then with the most complained about programme ever on British TV - the live Seance.

Has this attention affected you in any way? Will you be looking to be any less contraversial with your future tricks? Or do you enjoy stirring it up - in which case, are you planning to shock and amaze us with something equally as contraversial as in the past?
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Future tricks !

The man produces some of the most emotive entertainment in the last couple of years and it gets reduced to mere chicanery.

I am off to get my breakfast.
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
It would get boring for everyone if I tried to be 'controversial' for the sake of it each time I did something. But hopefully the shows will always have an edge to them.
I genuinely just concentrate on what seems to me to be an arresting idea. And you hardly have to be dealing in the currency of true scandal to get the Daily Mail upset.
(Don't know where that 'currency' metaphor came from, but feel free to use it.)

db
Eggwoman
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Eggwoman
I do beg your pardon. Smile
After reading the post back, I have realised how spectacularly poorly-worded the whole of the message is. Please accept my apologies, I think I need a strong dose of caffeine.
I hope you are able to get the gist, though. Smile
Eggwoman
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Eggwoman
Quote:
And you hardly have to be dealing in the currency of true scandal to get the Daily Mail upset.

Haha, very true.
So did you 'get off' on the resulting hysteria, or did you find it tiresome?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Courting controversy » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL