The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Losander's Bubble Zombie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I'd be interested in hearing feedback from anyone who has seen or used Losander's Bubble Zombie. I do shows in elementary schools and am considering adding this effect to my show. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
oldwilson_2000
View Profile
New user
Germany
77 Posts

Profile of oldwilson_2000
I've seen Losander perform this effect in his lecture. It looks beautiful and adds a 'poetic' touch to any performance. You just can't make a comedy bit out of it.

The most important things to consider are, of course, the bubble recipe and the topic of draft. He told us a story of Japan where her once performed and the client forgot to turn off the air conditioning. The bubbles just kept flying into the audience and he could not keep control of them.

Air conditioning should be switched off half an hour before the show to be sure no turbulences are left. Any other type of draft should be avoided. I am no expert at kid shows, but I fear there might be too much 'turbulence'!
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Thanks for the tip. I just found out that Losander is going to be lecturing near my home early in November. I'm going to attend the lecture and discuss this with him directly.

www.anthonysisti.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
He lectured through US Toys Magic and Ring 129 in the Kansas City, Missouri Area.

Very interesting and artistic.

Be safe and creative.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
varg
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of varg
Hello, I've been doing soap bubbles shows as side kicker for some years, and I recently saw the advertising of Losander zombie. Is it good?

I do a kind of zombie bubble myself, where the bubble goes under the cloth, then behaves like a zombie. When I take the cloth, the giant bubble is still there.
I found it hard to do really good work with big bubbles because of, as you said, air condition and also humidity (using a couple of humidity machines), but wost of all air pollution like crackers smoke machines.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Losander goes over his Zombie Bubble on his Art of Levitation DVD. It looks great. His gimmick is very clever and his handling very convincing. I especially like the vanish at the end. It acts exactly as a bubble would.
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
I personally have his Bubble Zombie...its not something you can pick up over night. It takes a great deal of practice and making sure your conditions are PERFECT. I would get his DVD first to see if it will work for you.
Zaubern Smile
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
I just had a lecture with Losander in Denver, Co. had if your going to any kind of floating effects I recommend him. If you need his web site here it is:Losander.com

Good luck,
Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Thanks for all the input.

www.anthonysisti.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Losander's Bubble Zombie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL