The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Card Index (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barajista
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Barajista
I recently came across 2 card indices, and would like to know more about them. From the best I can tell, one would use them both at the same time, each with 2 suits of cards in 2 separate pockets. Any sources that talk about their history and use would be much appreciated.Thanks!
Tawkin2ya
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Tawkin2ya
I recently downloaded the "CardSource Card Index System" from Trickshop.com. I have downloaded most of their card magic and have found all of it to be of very high quality.
Ray
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
I found that 2 indexes is rather cumbersome. I use 1 red Q5 index from 13 steps to mentalism. This is one of the best secret weapons I have.
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
197 Posts

Profile of R Don
I think Supreme made a book about the card index.It showed a few ways to make themand some routines
Woofledust
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
76 Posts

Profile of Woofledust
Supreme Magic also put out a set (2) of brown vinyl card indexes. I bought them maybe fifteen years ago and still have them somwhere. They were usable except that vinyl can sometimes be a little tacky in warm weather. They came with a couple of pages of ideas for effects of the "any card called for" type.

Unfortunately, T. A. Waters does not give an historical source in his, "Encyclopedia of Magic and Magicians". His entry only explains their use and references Max Andrew's "Sixteen Card Index Gems".
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Barajista,

I might be mistaken but I believe that there is a substantial amount of info on the card index in Corinda's "13 Steps to Mentalism". (Maybe I'm thinking about Annemann's "Practical Mental Effects".)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
There is also a booklet called "Charlie Miller on the Card Index",
that I can recommend.

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Card Index (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL