The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Pimpernel Notecase - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
An excellent effect by Peter Scarlett.
One effect:
A wallet is placed on the table. A spectator chooses a card from a normal deck, and SIGNS the face - the card is returned to the deck which is SHUFFLED. The performer says he is so confident that he can find the card under these impossible conditions, that he will put money on it! The wallet is opened and money removed - AT NO TIME DOES THE WALLET GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE DECK - the performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet. "If YOUR card is NOT in the wallet, the MONEY is YOURS!" The card is removed from the transparent window but proves to be the wrong card - as the spectator grabs for the money the performer draws attention to a small ZIPPERED POCKET on the other side of the open wallet - the zip is opened and the SIGNED, SELECTED CARD is removed.

ABSOLUTLY NO PALMING - NO DIFFICULT SLIGHT OF HAND - RESETS INSTANTLY.

A Billfold style wallet that does everything the Himber wallet does and more!
Looks like an ordinarry wallet - no straps - no gimmicks - no slides - no hassle!
Real leather - built to last.
By Peter Scarlett.

Does what it says on the tin. (UK TV paint advert)
Several effects are included.
Wallet can be used for "KOLOSSAL KILLER / THE ONE & ONLY" type effects.
When used with THE DARK CARD (Signature appears on a different coloured backed catd)its a Jaw Dropper.
A well made utility wallet, will last a lifetime, best no palm CTW I have found.

Regards
Mike
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"AT NO TIME DOES THE WALLET GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE DECK"

And then you take a card from the deck and put it in the wallet?

"the performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet".

I don't care for that handling. If you HAVE to put a card in thew wallet, it ruins the effect.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
MagicChris

Not so however you are entitled to your opinion.
The wallet does not go anywhere near the deck, the deck is on the table or held by a spectator.
Yes a card is placed into the wallet, but is shown to be the wrong card. This can be any card or a card with 'YOUR CARD' written on it or a '52 ON ONE CARD'
many possibilities here.
Before the spectator GRABS THE MONEY The correct signed card is then removed from the zippered compartment. It kills.

Some magicians do not like 'Magician in Trouble Tricks' see thread in 'Pick a Card any Card'
Regards Mike
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I use this wallet all the time and it gets a brilliant reaction every time,i for one recommend it highly.
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
[quote]...the performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet. "If YOUR card is NOT in the wallet, the MONEY is YOURS!" The card is removed from the transparent window but proves to be the wrong card - quote]

It seems odd to me that the card is placed in the wallet only to be removed straight away to show it is wrong, perhaps not...
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
This wallet seems to be a bit like "The Phantom Of The Wallet"

magiclee
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Tom.
Time misdirection is useful. Place the wallet down with the money showing, pick up the deck, fan face up quickly look through the deck & say something like "I hope I have not lost again I am already $50 / £50 down put the deck down, pick up the wallet up continue.

Magiclee
Do not know not got "The Phantom Of The Wallet"
Regards
Mike
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I loev magician in trouble effects, but not here. The deck comes no where the wallet, yet a card is removed from the deck and put in the wallet.

I've asked can it be done without this method and told no, so of course 2 cards are taken from the deck.

Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
MagicChris
No only 1 card. Think again or buy it it rocks.
Going to play Golf with one ball I hope.
Regards
Mike
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
MagicChris,
This is one of the best wallets that I own!! It's also a multiple out wallet! I use for "Heirloom" too!
Chris I guarantee you'l love it!!
Gerard
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I own the Pimpernell Notecase and I love it. It is the only one I'll ever use. I like to use a blank stock playing card and write "Your Card" on it. I tell them if your card is not in my wallet, you will get all of my money. I then pull out the "your card" card. It always gets a laugh, then slay them when you pull the signed card out of the zippered compartment.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-10-12 09:57, MagicCarisio wrote:
MagicChris,
This is one of the best wallets that I own!! It's also a multiple out wallet! I use for "Heirloom" too!
Chris I guarantee you'l love it!!
Gerard

Well, if someone with Gerrard's crtitical eye and creative mind says it's good, then I have to believe it.

And Phil, that's a clever handling. very funny with a killer ending.

Is Peter the only one that carries it?

Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
MagicChris.

google search:

http://www.peterscarlett.com
http://www.alakazam.co.uk

Regards
Mike
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Thanks, Mike!!! I checked it out. There doesn't seem to be a place for credit cards, etc. I see one slot, but that's it.

Chris

Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
I also enjoy performing CTW with my Pimpernel Notecase.

There is a handling idea and a "refitting" idea that I've found sucessful. The handling idea is one that almost happened by accident. After the card is signed and put back in the deck, I cut and shuffle the card to the top of the deck. Then, in a handling the audience doesn't expect, instead of mixing the cards further by using this "standard" method, I toss the deck onto the table and proceed to do a two-handed mix, speading them and mixing them in a "pool" of cards. (like kids will do sometimes) The audience is usually taken back by this "out of control" action. Naturally all the while you're mixing, you keep track of the signed card. Without tipping any secret beyond that point, you then follow the standard directions.

But, by having the "pool" of cards it gives you a legitimate reason to take the time to gather them up and recase them (I usually ask them about the odds in percentages at this point) which gives a time of seperation between putting a card into the wallet and the revealing.

For the custom "refitting" I do on the wallet, please PM me and I'll send it to you individually.

Thanks -
Ron
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Ron
Great time misdirection.
PM on its way.
Regards
Mike
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
The Bendix Bombshell wallet does a similar effect.
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Can we put some coins in this wallet ?
And how many slots are available for credit cards ?
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Bofx
Not realy suitable for coins unless in an envelope?

1 Credit card slot.
1 Transparent window.
2 Notes / Bill slots.
1 Zippered compartment.

Note:
For owners of the wallet, a photo of the wife in the transparent compartment (I use the ugly woman from 'Every inch a Lady" good joke) makes the loading / removal of the card easy.

Regards
Mike
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ron, GREAT thinking on the handling of this.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Pimpernel Notecase - Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL