The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Hummer card flicking... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Hi guys! have you made new flicking moves for the hummer card? please post your longest spinning time and what flick moves you have... man the *ehem* breaks everytime I spin hard... =( please help...
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
BlendoSquid
View Profile
Regular user
UK
140 Posts

Profile of BlendoSquid
Blade,
When I do the Hummer Card I balance the card on my index finger and then flick the corner really hard. This gives the card a great spin and keeps it in motion for a long time (although I'm not sure exactly how long).

I also tried using the Feason H****p and found it worked great, as you can also control the height of the card and manoeverability. Although it doesn't allow you to do some of the through the hands stuff.

As for new moves I was thinking about some sort of "Matrix" style moves, but havn't got round to working on it yet.

Regards,

Kevin Courtney
:kewl:
The Dragon
View Profile
New user
The Dark Shadows.
90 Posts

Profile of The Dragon
I feel speed is more important than length of the spin, as faster it spins, the more impressive it looks. Issit it?
Don't think too much.

Just hit it.
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Yep but it looks great spinning longer from one han to another...
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of ShidennOdmistL
Curious, do you guys do this in public for the heck of it? I got a variation of the Hummer Card (UFO Card) butI havent got around to just using it...

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
YES!!! I do it to attract people... then I go into my routine... its very visual...
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
The Dragon
View Profile
New user
The Dark Shadows.
90 Posts

Profile of The Dragon
One hand to another? shoot! whats your method?
Don't think too much.

Just hit it.
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Ya. but isn't preparation tough? And wat about when your not using it? I mean, since I wear hoodies alot, having it around me is kinda a bother, if not, awkward, ya kno?
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I have the UFO version and I use the hookup all the time.
If I spin a card I will show about 3 fair (no IT) spins then bust the spinning card. That always gets them as their eyes anticipate the wrong direction of movment. They look at a normal trajectory go in a different direction, what a killer!
I also coin spin using the hookup and this goes down very well.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Quote:
On 2004-10-18 00:50, The Dragon wrote:
One hand to another? shoot! whats your method?

modified hook-up...
=)

pm me if interested... (please state proof of purchase...)
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-10-22 02:52, Partizan wrote:
I have the UFO version and I use the hookup all the time.
If I spin a card I will show about 3 fair (no IT) spins then bust the spinning card. That always gets them as their eyes anticipate the wrong direction of movment. They look at a normal trajectory go in a different direction, what a killer!
I also coin spin using the hookup and this goes down very well.

I c. But are you in some sort of formal wear? I've seen people that do it and they're usually in formal wear. But hey, just looking at it is fun. Doing it without problems must be a blast, eh? But have you ever ran into any tie ups or anything?

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I do it in a tee shirt (or a short sleeve button shirt) I don't do formal anymore and have had to drop many effects as a result.
I find that short sleeve work leaves no doubt in the specs mind.
I even work reel raven in a tee.

One of my most effective UFO moves is to have the card spin between my right forefinger pointing up from below, and my left forefinger pointing down from above. The card effectivly spins between your 2 fingers and is powerful.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
whizzomagic
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Ky
109 Posts

Profile of whizzomagic
I use this effect ALOT (every day actually). I have different methods of spinning the card, but I find that I can maintain a longer spin by holding the cards between my thumb and index finger on the opposite end of the card from myself. I then flick my wrist clockwise and slightly back torwards me. This allows for a very long spin (8 to 10 seconds). Obviously, the harder you flick your wrist the longer it will spin.
babyjoe
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, England
113 Posts

Profile of babyjoe
I'm a big fan of the effect, I like using it, blade you want to practice the effect not hooked up to the *ahem* with regular non-gimmicked cards, practice spinning so it spins in a perfect circle without the card moving forward or back, so it spin perectly straight to the ground do this the smae when it is gimmicked with a little direction to the left hand, and hey presto the hummer card is easy
www.armagic.co.nr

Always Growing, As a Performer and As a Person
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Hummer card flicking... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL