The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
I once watched someone perform "The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle". A triangle is formed by putting small objects in the shape of a triangle, 10 objects in each side, a total of 30. By moving around the objects suddenly there are a total of for example 27 objects in the triangle, and the next second it´s 32 objects.

1. Do you know who invented this?

2. Does anyone perform it?

3. What´s people´s reaction? I performed it a few times, and no one seemed to be impressed, even children understood how it works. I stopped performing it after that.

Can this be one of the effects that are too poor to perform, no matter how you present it?

Mikael
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Hi Mikael!
I guess you saw it at "Magiskt", the swedish program, performed by Michael Weber.

I didn't at that time like it at all, I performed it once or twice and lay people I talked to didn't think much of it either.

Sorry that I can't give you more details than that.
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
Julien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Julien
You can find it in Steinmeyer's latest booklet about self-working effects.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Yes, it's Jim Steinmeyer's adaptation of an earlier Weber effect called "To Feed Many", which was a presentation of an even older puzzle. Doug Henning performed a version of it on one of his shows, as well.

It is, as mentioned, in Jim's new book Impuzzibilities.

It's also not mentalism, and I agree that it looks mostly like a puzzle, not a magic trick :o1
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Quote:
On 2002-08-26 10:13, Vision wrote:
Hi Mikael!
I guess you saw it at "Magiskt", the swedish program, performed by Michael Weber.

Yes, that´s right. But for some reason I have believed for several years that it was Aldo Columbini who performed it at "Magiskt". But since you are the second person today that tells me it was Michael Weber I guess I´ll have to accept it!

The replies so far seem to support my opinion that it´s not that impressive. What a pitty, I love the method!

Mikael
mysterium
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
100 Posts

Profile of mysterium
Bruce Bernstein has a variation of this trick that Doug Henning taught him. It uses a square and not a triangle. I believe it's in his "Going South" lecture notes.

It's not pure mentalism, of course, but it can be framed as a "trick of perception." As such, it is mystifying, though simple once you know the trick.
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
Larry Becker in Book II - World of Super Mentalism developed a routine using the principle with cards. It uses 12 cards on a side of the triangle, a fairly good story, and ends with a prediction. The perfectionist should be able to tweak it somewhat and have a fairly unique presentation. Just a thot!
Jay Alexander
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
28 Posts

Profile of Jay Alexander
It depends on your style, the effects you have performed before it, etc. It can be an amazing trick. I have performed it hundreds of times with everything from blocks of cheese to people for a corporate team building excursion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL