The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Steve Fearson's Self Vanish trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
prettyneatmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus, GA
11 Posts

Profile of prettyneatmagic
Greetings all!

Interesting how Steve is selling his effect for $6.95 while I can read these posts and figure out the "secret" without investing that exhorbitant sum!

Thank you Magic Café!
Jeff
"Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes . . . that way when you do criticize him you're a mile away . . . and you've got his shoes!"
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-02-10 22:22, prettyneatmagic wrote:
Greetings all!

Interesting how Steve is selling his effect for $6.95 while I can read these posts and figure out the "secret" without investing that exhorbitant sum!

Thank you Magic Café!

Great...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Quote:
On 2005-02-10 22:22, prettyneatmagic wrote:
Greetings all!

Thank you Magic Café!

Two things come to mind as I read your post.
1) I don't know if that's the attitude that Magic Café prefers in a member.
2) $6.95 is not an exorbiant sum. Though on second thoughts it can be for this effect.
To believe is Magic.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
It (the trick) amounts to a prank, a gag...hard to believe how many pages have accumulated on the subject, but here I add even more!

I'll save it for April Fool's day...it'll get a good laugh.
and Magic w/ HART, no offense taken, we at the Café welcome constructive criticism, and the preceding posts DO give almost the total of the "effect" away...
but many will appreciate saving the 7 bucks for sure.

do the Baludduci instead...but do it well!!
prettyneatmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus, GA
11 Posts

Profile of prettyneatmagic
Quote:
On 2005-02-11 13:53, harishjose wrote:

Two things come to mind as I read your post.
1) I don't know if that's the attitude that Magic Café prefers in a member.
2) $6.95 is not an exorbiant sum. Though on second thoughts it can be for this effect.
[/quote]

Reply to 1) above: It is difficult to ascertain attitude through mere words on a page.
Reply to 2) above: My saying that $6.95 was an exorbiant, um, er, exhorbitant sum should give a clue as to my attitude (all written with tongue held firmly in cheek).

Although the method has been 'tipped', I'm sure Fearson has seen a modest return on his investment. The whole experiment should teach us that there truly is "nothing new under the sun" and that "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". In other words, many in magic are still doing the "parlour trick" while others have adapted, learned, and created better effects with the same methods. I for one have learned that I should re-examine some of the old effects I am doing and try to develop better effects using the same or similar methods.
Jeff
"Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes . . . that way when you do criticize him you're a mile away . . . and you've got his shoes!"
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
OK, I've waited for 12 pages before I posted anything. I am not attempting to change anyone's mind with this post, but I wanted to share the experience that I had trying this effect out.

I am fortunate enough to have enough magicians around my area to attend a weekly Friday night magician's workshop. We tried out the Fearson vanish on a bunch of 20 somethings (laymen who happened to be there). We actually did the effect as a metamorphasis, rather than a vanish because it seemed to have a larger impact.
I did it sitting in a chair opposite of the spectator, who we brought into the room one at a time. I never saw their expressions, since I was the one doing it and I was being morphed into another person, but I could hear their screams of surprise.

One other magician in my club bought it too, so he did it on me as well. I was really shocked on how good it looked as a spectator and how shocking the effect actually is. And I even know how it's done!

My opinion is the folks who are slamming it without trying it are really missing something. Given the right place and time, it can be a shocker. It is a gag, but does it's job in shocking poeple. Are poeple REALLY going to believe you vanished into thin air? I don't think so. But can you entertain them with this clever stunt? In my experience, yes.

Now, I think Steve could have positioned the effect in his advertising a bit better and not recieved the backlash that he got. For instance, if he would have mentioned that it was a one-on-one type effect (because some folks got the idea that they could do this on the street or on stage). It might be able to be transfered to the stage, but more like a "paper over the head" type effect/gag.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Thanx for your input...sound like you had success.

I admit, I too had success....with my 9 yr. old! LOL

I don't mean to sound brash, but I just cant believe the hype...but same goes for countless so called tricks out there...half the time the dealers straight up lie in their description...what a shame...

ah, also, I just wonder, whether one-on-one or otherwise, how effective can a stunt really be if the spec, has to have her eyes closed for the whole thing???

crazy I say...but have fun and enjoy yourselves anyhow.
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Hi,
I for one don't think this effect is worthless. But I am angry at the way it was publicized. The effect I first came across in the same genre was Larry Anderson's Jawdropper series and I loved the effect in it about the guardian angel. Fearson hasnt done anything special and this is not really his "creation" as he claims it to be. Also whats the spaceship crap in the vanish logo? He is trying to put some extra effects into this. Either people are too proud to admit that they are taken by a fraud or they havent come across this effect before.
I do the effect (the gaurdian angel) once in a while and get good reactions. Its a happy feel trick cos the audience also enjoy the trick.
And I seriously hope this is his goodbye vanish.....Smile
To believe is Magic.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Quote:
On 2005-02-11 17:05, harishjose wrote:
And I seriously hope this is his goodbye vanish.....Smile

LOL!!!!
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Harishjose --

So you've been using this technique to allow a metamorphasis or vanish prior to reading the manuscript?
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Well, I've bought "Goodbye vanish" on the release day on http://www.downloadmagic.com
As many of you agree , it's rubbish. The ones who don't agree that's fine for me.
I've received last the newsletter from Mr. Fearson , and amoung other stuff he says:

"> At just $6.95 the Goodbye Vanish really is a "Good Buy".
>
> And if you don't agree, I'll give you your money back. "

Well, I've asked for the refund that Mr. Fearson talks about on the newsletter and until now I've not been refunded.
Just to let the Café members know what we are dealing here with. I Hope I don't have to use a legal procedure on this Issue.

Best,
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Can we make this post self vanish? Old already!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 21:07, tuffnavyrn wrote:
Can we make this post self vanish? Old already!

seriously, all this bashing over this effect is getting cliche`
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Okay....but one more thing....

the NERVE of that guy!!! LOL!!

Angelo, you Pm'ed me and I apologize...methinks. I'll stick to magic vs. comedy.

now shall we here end this post? we've spent more time on this thing than many, many other worthwhile effects.

**THE END**
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Hi,
Sure the others can make a decision by themselves : "The ones who don't agree fine that's fine for me. " That's what I said on my previous post.
Thanks for the refund.

Best Regards
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
DLM Customer Support
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
3 Posts

Profile of DLM Customer Support
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 19:51, LordM wrote:
"> At just $6.95 the Goodbye Vanish really is a "Good Buy".
>
> And if you don't agree, I'll give you your money back. "

Well, I've asked for the refund that Mr. Fearson talks about on the newsletter and until now I've not been refunded.
Just to let the Café members know what we are dealing here with. I Hope I don't have to use a legal procedure on this Issue.

** A response was posted to this accusation last night and it was promptly removed by someone at the Café. I would hope that the Café moderators agree that we at DownloadMagic have the right to respond to false accusations of this nature and not remove this post again. The original post follows **

Hello Joao,

On the rare occasion that we are asked to issue a refund to a DownloadMagic.com customer you can trust that we always do so promptly.

I looked up your email and you actually did receive a full refund within 20 minutes of requesting it.

Whether you are receiving notifications from your Paypal account is another issue you may want to look into.

Sorry if you were dissatisfied with the ebook or the vanishes contained in it. The vast majority of customers are satisfied though. Considering you did in fact receive your refund, I would hate to see your "call to attention" keep others from the product. I'm sure our customers can make that decision for themselves!

Thanks for your time,

Janet
DownloadMagic Customer Support
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
I love steve Fearsons stuff but I felt as though I've been jipped because its nothing new. In fact, it is one of the first tricks I learned but steve put a little spin on it. You can vanish with it and he is right about it not being easy. I have the poltergiest perfected and I have been caught several times with the vanish but I still want to give it a shot.

It is based around a concept called the spirit touch. The magician puts his fingers on the spectators eye lids and they feel someone touch them even though you and her are the only ones in the room. Well it's the same as poltergiest except instead of a spirit touching her or him it smacks them in the back of the head.

The same thing is put to work in the goodbye vanish. Now if you do or don't know the spirit touch get his ebook and you will learn how to use it more effectivly. I paid my 7 dollars now you pay yours.

john
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
WOW.
Over 19,000 views on this thread.
I gotta come up with a dollar item to sell, quick.
I know, send me a buck and I'll tell you how to get an endless supply of invisible thread for less than the price of a movie ticket...oh, that's been done already - sorry.
Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
Ha!
danelwood
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
85 Posts

Profile of danelwood
Quote:
On 2005-02-14 23:00, johnra wrote:

It is based around a concept called the spirit touch. The magician puts his fingers on the spectators eye lids and they feel someone touch them even though you and her are the only ones in the room. Well it's the same as poltergiest except instead of a spirit touching her or him it smacks them in the back of the head.

I'm familiar with the gardian angel effect with the tap on the shoulder.

But this idea with the poltergeist sounds really dangerous. Correct me if I'm wrong,
but if you use one hand with fingers on someones eyes and then smack them in the back of the head with the other hand, wouldn't you end up jabbing your fingers into their eyes?

That's just craziness.
"Now watch closely!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Steve Fearson's Self Vanish trick (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL