The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Recommended books for beginners (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27
Russo
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of Russo
I work p/t at a Library for past 16 years - even at 80(70years Pro) still have to make up for cost of living L-O-L The kid section of the Library has a few good books on EZ card effects - plus other Magic- try it - our library ALSO gets loans from other Libraries in the county - try it - less expensive than buying. RR
Oscar.Abraham
View Profile
New user
Mexico
22 Posts

Profile of Oscar.Abraham
I think that most modern magicians, myself included, have forgotten the basics of magic; therefore, I'm more inclined for the books that started it all for many of my heroes in magic -- yes I'm talking about "The Royal Road to Card Magic", by Jean Hugard, Frederick Braue. I haven't finished reading it, but the material in it, and the way it's described (the effect, methodology, concepts) really makes this book a great way to start a raw beginner.

Here's a clip by Jason England where he mentions his top 10 books for a beginner in magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxlPryUjj94
Regards,

Oscar
mrjinglesusa
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mrjinglesusa
Thanks for this resource. I'm just getting back into magic and bought The Amateur Magicians Handbook (Hay), Modern Coin Magic (Bobo), and Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. Can't wait to dive in. That should keep me busy for awhile. LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Recommended books for beginners (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL