The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Blackstone Jr.'s Sands of time patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
I saw Blackstone Jr. when I was 8years old and started my interest in magic. Many years later, about a year before he died I watch him perform in Branson, Missouri. He performed the SANDS OF TIME illusion and the story/patter was great. Anybody know what or were that patter was. It was a story about Egypt and man walking through the desert. Thanks to anyone who can help.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I did the sands with Harry one year. It was funny. He wanted me to take off my glasses. I am blind as a bat without them so I wore them. When I walked out the one bowl of sand, he said something "Here is a nearsighted camel jockey with dry yellow sand." The worse part was when he flinged his hands towards you to get the towel which threw sand all over you. It is a cherished memory that I have preserved on tape.

Harry's basic patter was Jack Gwyene's. In fact he introduced it referring to it as Jack Gwyene's Sands of the Dessert which out of respect he called exa ctly the same thing.

I will check my dvd from Steven's Magic as it might be on their. PM and I will look up the Gwyene routine.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Blackstone Jr.'s Sands of time patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL