The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Matrix coin tricks - sources and variations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aurelius
View Profile
New user
Oshawa, Ont. Canada
14 Posts

Profile of Aurelius
I've found several forms of matrix coin tricks, such as coins covered with hands, cards, gimmicked...I'd love to know more about the origins, the variations and any new, modern forms it has taken.

Thank you for your support
Magically
Aurelius
Michael Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
Near a river in the Midwest
9876 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Ask Al Schneider... and brace yourself.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26093 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The notion goes back to a nice trick where stones were covered with bowls. The Sympathetic Coins attributed to Yang Ho is something CLOSE to a coin assembly. The barehanded assembly trick called "chink-a-chink" is there for your review in Tannen's Stars of Magic. From there, it was Al who got the trick working using cards and coins. It was David Roth who took the "chink-a-chink" and made it work using coins. Derek Dingle and David Roth have taken the general coin assembly further, and Paul Gertner has taken the productions of "kicker endings" to an entirely amazing/absurd level. Lots to read there. Enjoy!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
Near a river in the Midwest
9876 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Objects and covers is the basic premise of many, many effects. The object is the point of interest, the cover induces the mystery.

How you fill in the blanks is purely personal. Hence the umpty-billion variations.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24002 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I believe that is Yank Ho, not Yang Ho.

John Mendoza had some interesting variations as well, but Al Schneider really cooked Matrix up.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Reverse
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Reverse
I believe that joeseph rindfleish (sp?) from the elastrix book has some good matrix's, one of the best I've seen actually.

Reverse
stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
Dean Dill and Dave Neighbours also
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
896 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I like Giant Killer Coin found in Volume One of Paul Harris' The Art of Astonishment. It is simple enough for me, only uses the 4 coins, and has a great move for getting one ahead at the beginning.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Yang was Yank's lesser known cousin. He invented the lesser known Four Covers Two Objects Routine, but it just never caught on. Yank streamlined it to Four Objects and Two Covers and the rest is history. I'm just kidding!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Matrix coin tricks - sources and variations (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.054594 seconds, requiring 34 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [8] [9] [7] [3] [0] [0] [4]