The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crossed Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

exohordon
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of exohordon
Can someone kindly give a review on this trick.
It can be found at http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/products_detail.cfm?item=2821.

Effect: Seeing double lately? No? Well, you will with crossed cards! Two objects are proven to be occupying the same space at the same time and, no you aren't cross-eyed!

The magician removes two packs of cards which have somehow been pushed together. He removes the red-backed deck and a spectator freely chooses a card. Their selection is replaced in the pack and all of the cards are placed back into the red box.

The performer then opens the blue box and removes a blue-backed deck of cards! He spreads through the deck and finds one red-backed card. Yep, you guessed it -- it's the spectator's selection! This is PERFECT for the close-up, restaurant, walkaround workers and even a professor of Quantum Physics!

Comes complete with specially-constructed boxes, deck, and complete, photo-illustrated instructions.

Do you need a switch for this trick?
And do the audience see you removing a full deck of cards frm each box? Or izzit juz half a deck?
mrj
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
68 Posts

Profile of mrj
I recall Doug Henning performed this (or a similar effect) on one of his t.v. specials back in the early eighties?

Does anyone remember what was the storyline he used was?
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I believe there's a review on Andy Martin's website. Do a Yahoo! on "martinsmagic".
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
It's an old marlo effect, it is taught on his video cardician. The effect itself is quiet disturbing and the move is what is called a swindle, but it is a poetic piece of magic. It usually cost about 20ish dollars, I would spend the extra ten and get cardician. Marlo tells you how to make it, and gives his handling and ideas for it. Also I think it was first published in marlos magazine, number 6?
dlhoyt
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of dlhoyt
Actually this is an effect by Doug Bennett, published in Genii, October, 1985. He called it Criss Cross Cards.
JEFFC
View Profile
New user
RI
70 Posts

Profile of JEFFC
Is there a better method than the one described for pulling out the spec's card? I don't want to give anything away here, but if any one is familiar with this trick let me know please. Should I ask in Secret Sessions?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crossed Cards (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL