The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Old Tarot Card Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I was going through a box of magicin's cigarette cards and ran across a deck of very old Tarot cards. They are hand painted front and back. I would guess they are 100-200 years old.

Does anyone know who I could contact to get more info and a value for these?

Thanks,
Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
If they belonged to a performer, are you sure they weren't made by him and "aged"?

My first thought would be to put "old tarot cards" into google search engine.

Good luck.

Paul
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I found out they were made in France in 1780-1790 by Mann. They are rare from what they tell me.

Thanks Again.....Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Hi Kevin-

If you need more info, this site might be of interest to you.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/

Sorry I don't know how to make that into a link.

Best-
Tom

osted: Jan 15, 2005 1:34am
Ooh...that was cool.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
FYI Tom, click the BBcode link at the bottom of this page and it will show you how to write in text links and a few other cool things. Pretty simple.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
rosfrog
View Profile
New user
From UK, living in France
60 Posts

Profile of rosfrog
Hey there,

If you have a full deck of these cards from such a long time ago, there's a good chance that they will be worth a fair amount of money to a serious collector. Most decks around at the moment aren't more than around 50 years old. I would advise you to take this deck to reputable occult store in your area to see if they can give you a value and attest to the veracity of the cards.

Jay
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Most occult shops in the US don't have much knowledge of the more esoteric tarot packs. For example, I have an original Royal Fez Morrocan Tarot Pack, printed by Rigel press. The occultists here have never seen one. They have seen the reproductions by US Games Systems, and they have no idea that these existed.

Scan a couple of the cards and send them to Stuart Kaplan at U.S. Games Systems. Stuart collects Tarot cards, and has been responsible for reissuing of some of the classics. He knows the collecting end of the business.

If the pack is complete and in good condition, it might be worth quite a few bucks.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Thanks for the info. I asked Stu and other knowledgeable people about the cards. They were auctioned off last year and now are in Spain.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Old Tarot Card Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL