The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gary Animal "Golf" Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Gary Knights, AKA Gary Animal, the designer and producer of the Gazzo cups, the Animal cups and the Babe cups, has done it again! Yesterday, I received my set of "Golf" cups in the mail. These are miniature cups, similar in design to the Paul Fox standard cup, that are the correct size to take a golf ball as a final load. They are very nice cups.

They have a lot of attic space. They will do a three ball display if you use a 1/2 inch crocheted ball. They are made of highly polished copper -- the same stuff used for the previous cups. They should tarnish to a nice coffee-brown.

These are great cups for restaurant strolling. The cost, sans bag and balls is £ 90 plus shipping. That's roughly $170.00 at today's exchange rates.

The ideal load for these is the Vernet golf ball, because they don't talk. Also suitable are some of the mini tennis balls you can get from pet stores.

They are available from http://www.yellowmelon.co.uk

While Gary is getting his new site up and running, you can view them at the cups and balls museum.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
From that angle looks much like Riser's MINI...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Riser cups have a larger diameter. They also have a single shoulder bead. The Golf cup has a double bead.

The Riser cups are a little bit shorter, and they weigh just a tiny bit less, about .5 oz. less per cup.

Because of the larger diameter and the shape of the bottom, the Riser cups will accommodate a slightly larger ball for the three ball display, if you feel compelled to do this. Otherwise the attic height is about the same between the two sets.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
These are my favourite mini cups. They look good and are surprisingly heavy. They can hide a golf ball final load by lightly wedging it in the attic of the cup. You can lift the cup to show nothing underneath - but a small tap-down will dislodge the ball - it looks great.

Are these cups going to be a rarity?

Gary Animal recently announced that he was finishing with his website (Magicpitch) and that the business would be moved to the US to be managed by Gazzo and new business partner.

On the website, he said that the Gazzo cups would certainly continue to be made by the new business but that it was not guaranteed that any of the other lines would be continued (Animal, Babe, Love & Golf cups) and that some of them may well be discontinued.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
sarcophilus
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
195 Posts

Profile of sarcophilus
Those look like some nice cups. I have been looking at some mini-cups. So far I was going to bet the RnT Black Beauty cups, but now I not sure. Bill which would you prefer to use more often?
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Hello,
The range will continue in limited numbers as I like to go busking and work on new designs. At present the range is available from yellowmelon.co.uk and will eventually be carried by magicpitch as I have got fed up with going to the post office. Check out the new small top design in a few weeks.
Animal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gary Animal "Golf" Cups (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL