The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for a one man show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
Hi there,

I'm going to be doing one man shows starting next year and I'm having a little trobule getting the music to play with out looking sloppy. What I mean is when I do card manipulations to music first I have to push play and get into position then after the music stops I have to hurry up and stop the CD or Tape, and it just dosn't look right. (I do all this in practice) So I was just wondering how to get past this and make it look clean and simple.

Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Jeff,

I do a one man illusion show and I can certainly relate with you. I ended up getting Kelly Duro's/Majiloon Virtual Soundman Mini. It was the best thing for my money Ill tell you! I have never had my music playing out soo good. PM me if you have any questions and such that I may be able to answer for ya!

Robert Long
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
I just burnt my music onto a cd- with the appropriate breaks in between (dead silence) and I have my stage act all synced. So all I have to do is hit play- or have a stagehand do it for me.

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I also think you need to invest in a unit that would let you control your music from the stage.

There are three on the market right now. There is the Soundcue, the Virtual Soundman and the Minitech. They have been discussed MANY times at the Café and I'm sure a search will give you lots to read.

Personnaly I use the Virtual Soundman and have been thrilled with the performance.

Mike
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I use the Show Tech, a little more pricer and I have the ability to expand it to use with flash appearance and to turn on lights/change liting and to use with a fog machine.
Dennis Michael
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Whats the device Sylvester the Jester uses? Mainly that's for the spiratic sound effects though...
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Here's one more to throw into the pool! I've got a friend who uses an iPod. They have a remote you can plug into it that you can wear in your pocket or on your wrist (like a watch). Plus you've got, oh, 20-40 Gigs of music. I don't have any shows that are that long. Save your playlists for each show. Pretty groovy. No bootup time like the laptop setup I used to use.

I'm assuming everyone knows by now iPods work on PCs as wells as those Apple things (*wink*).

Cheers!
Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for a one man show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL