The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » How is the sound quality in Copperfields show ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Any of who have seen Copperfield live ?. Can you tell us how the sound is on DC's Show ?. Like he performs in mostly stadium kinda theatres. How is the sound repro ?. Is it deep ? Or does it sound shallow like stadiumish ? or do you get theatrical movie going effect ? And if you do know what equipment they use that would be great insight too !
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I don't know what he uses (I think there might have been an article published at one time), but I've heard it being good, and sometimes not so good. A lot depends on the venue, but it usually has a pretty nice, full tone.
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
It's amazingly awesome! I loved every show that I've seen him in. The quality of the sound is universal to the theatre- meaning you are encompassed by it. For example: He does this whole, "going to the beach" bit and you literally hear, feel, smell the ocean. It was the neatest addition to his show. The music in generally is intriquing for it always seems to start off smoothly- then the climax was always dramatized. Very good show technically. Not only with sound, but lighting as well. Keep in touch,

Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
That's nice to hear. I think you must be reffering to portal right ? The one where he vanishes and appears on the beach video. Then how does he reppear after that ? back from the video ?.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
He reappears in the audance and dropps sand from his hands....The sound is quiet loud and exciting. gives a LOT of energ fi you ask me.. I love it. He has a great show...Great cast and a great showmanship.

Seen his two previous tours....Dreams and Nightmares and An Intiamte Evening of Grand Illusions and loved both of them.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
The sound, "GO!" is amazing to hear- just seems so real, and I did like that he reappeared in the back of the theatre; with sand spilling from his hand. I agree with Michael- a lot of energy indeed! Keep in touch,

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have been to his show, and I must say the music wss AWESOME.

He starts the show by creating a mood and atmosphere. This is done before the show starts, and is accomplished by the theatre being filled with mysterious smoke and incense. The smoke just kind of swirls around the stage like a low lying fog, and the incense begins to get all your senses involved. It all looks very mysterious and magical, and sets the mood for magic perfecly.

But the question was asked about the music. All I can say is that it sounded perfect. Sound techs obviously knew EXACTLY what they wee doing.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Does anyone know what song he used with Grandpa's Aces?
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
That would be the love them from the movie cousins. You can find that and a lot of his other music at http://www.themagicofdc.com .
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Thank you very much Jonathan
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » How is the sound quality in Copperfields show ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL